Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players you like to see do well/poorly and why?

• 23-06-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Was discussing this with a mate last night and found it interesting enough! Maybe it's a player who gets a hard time and you think it's for no reason, an ex-player from your team who you feel never got a chance or a traitor who you'd love to see crash and burn...

Players I like to see do well:

Alexandre Pato - Had all the talent and potential in the world when he was at Milan but couldn't string 10 games together due to being plagued by injury. I remember the first time I saw him, thought he'd be a star. Really hope he beats his injury problems and gets back to play in a top European league.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Overshadowed by Messi but a fantastic player nonetheless. Have seen countless interviews/personal articles about him and he seems to be a really genuine, charitable lad. I also prefer him as a person than Messi and hope he gets at least one more Ballon D'or.

Ibrahimovic - Immense player who was always underrated by the English media who said "he never does it in the big games/against English teams". One of the very best of his generation and would be a more useful player for some teams than Ronaldo or Messi imo. Never enjoyed watching a friendly so much as when he stuck 4 past England a few months back. That fairly shut them up!

Kaká - Another ex-Milan man. Best player in the world in his prime. Very unique and exciting to watch but was blighted by the odd injury as well. Career fell apart after moving to Madrid but that had more to do with 2 serious injuries which he never recovered from. Would love to see him get back on form.

Wojciech Szczęsny - I like his character a lot. Good goalkeeper with very good potential.

Didier Drogba - Always thought he was a great player. Would like to see him do well with Galatasaray and with whoever else he plays for until he retires.

Clarence Seedorf - There was a player that I had in mind when I went to write this and then couldn't remember who it was! Clarence Seedorf. An absolute footballing icon. The man oozes class on and off the pitch and is one of the most widely respected players in years. A genius of a player as well as a very intelligent man too. Really hope he becomes the great manager I know he can be.

Players I like to see play badly and get criticized:

Pepe - Very dirty, nasty player. Love watching him make mistakes and seeing Madrid concede goals because of his errors.

Joey Barton - An idiot of the highest degree. Decent player on the ball but an out and out thug in general. Very clueless when it comes to football as well and I think he just tries to say the most controversial things he can about a topic, regardless of whether he believes it or not. A bit like Eamon Dunphy in that regard.

Luis Suarez - I wouldn't have as much hate for him as others but some of the stuff he does is so outrageous that it's funny. Fantastic player, pity about the antics.

Robin Van Persie - Thought it was a very traitorous act to join United after Arsenal stood by him through all his injuries. Textbook glory-hunting and a prime example for people who say there's no loyalty in football anymore.

Pique - Have no problem with his character but I hate to see him being lauded for his performances when the reality is that he has very little to do. I suppose I dislike him because I think he's overrated.

Sergio Busquets - A cheat. Plain and simple. A player who I would consider to be a good footballer (many think he's a poor player but he's not) but he epitomizes everything that is wrong with the game in the way he goes on with his diving and feigning injury. One of the reasons many dislike Barca.

João Moutinho - Came through the Sporting CP academy from aged 13 and then stabbed them in the back. Forced his way out of the club and did so without even letting Sporting CP get a fair price for him.

From Wiki - "Sporting Chairman José Eduardo Bettencourt described Moutinho's conduct as "deplorable" and called him a "rotten apple", adding: "The deal was done because Sporting wanted it, because it did not want a rotten apple in its orchard, and it did not want someone who was not an example, nor dignified the flag of the club."

Despicable carry on and he really hope he crashes and burns...

So...... What players do you like to see do well/poorly and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This thread cant end well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Cristiano Ronaldo - Overshadowed by Messi but a fantastic player nonetheless. Have seen countless interviews/personal articles about him and he seems to be a really genuine, charitable lad. I also prefer him as a person than Messi and hope he gets at least one Ballon D'or.

I've seen this said a few times. Do people just forget or is it because he won it at United it does not count???

ronaldo-ballon1.jpg

I like to see players from the club I support do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I've seen this said a few times. Do people just forget or is it because he won it at United it does not count???

Fairly disappointed with myself on that one. No excuse for not remembering that.. Completely blanked me :o

Should have said in the OP, it's only players that don't currently play for the team you support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Probably best if you rephrase the bits on Pepe and Busquets, just to save yourself hassle OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Players i like to see do well

Balotelli -
    Neymar
    Ronaldo
    Hulk
    Zanetti
    El Shaarawy

Players i like to see fail

Torres
    Rooney
    Giggs
    Diouf
    Hart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

You can't call players scum or scumbag on here I thought? I'd change them If I was you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This thread cant end well
    It didn't even start well :pac:

Jax Teller wrote: »
    You can't call players scum or scumbag on here I thought? I'd change them If I was you .
    Knex. wrote: »
    Probably best if you rephrase the bits on Pepe and Busquets, just to save yourself hassle OP!

Yeah, I changed the scumbag bit. Was overly harsh. My bad :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

MD1990 wrote: »
    Diouf

but. . .but. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Even Diouf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Players I like to see play badly and get criticized:

Robin Van Persie - Thought it was a very traitorous act to join United after Arsenal stood by him through all his injuries. Textbook glory-hunting and a prime example for people who say there's no loyalty in football anymore.

Yes he had injuries, but he gave eight seasons of his career to Arsenal, many of them as their best player.

Would not regard him as a text book glory hunter, or a good example of poor loyalty in the game. His move to United has come towards the latter part of his career, and would find it hard to blame him for that move. I think RVP would have left Arsenal a lot sooner if he was devoid of loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Players I like to do well:
    Thiago Silva
    Zlatan
    Totti
    Klose
    Lavezzi
    Jonas Gutierez
    Hamsik
    Hernanes
    Javier Zanetti
    Marco Reus
    Sergio Romero
    Players I don't like to see do well:
    Diouf
    Konchesky
    Owen
    Robinho
    Aronica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just going to mention players I like see do well from other clubs.

Pirlo. Just think he been super player for long time. Him over Xavi any day of the week for me.

Ronaldo. Former United player who brought us back to new level after time of Chelsea domination.

Cavaini. Just love the mans passion. Class Act.

Ivan Sproule. When talk of cult hero he was it. Will always be a legend with Hibs fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Players I want to see do well:

Anyone with an Irish Granny so we can stand a chance at winning a major trophy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Not sure why I like to see these do well but:
    Robben
    Ivanovich
    Modric
    Mata
    Torres
    Ribery

Players I dont:
    Terry
    Sergio ramos
    Pique
    Dani alves
    Ferdinand

All of the above players I dont like doing well is because I dont rate them, apart from terry, I just dont like him

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yes he had injuries, but he gave eight seasons of his career to Arsenal, many of them as their best player.

Would not regard him as a text book glory hunter, or a good example of poor loyalty in the game. His move to United has come towards the latter part of his career, and would find it hard to blame him for that move. I think RVP would have left Arsenal a lot sooner if he was devoid of loyalty.

Just my opinion. Not an Arsenal fan but if the same was done by a player to my club I'd be furious (Pirlo's situation was different)

I don't think that it being the latter part of his career makes a difference either. He was only a year or 2 into his prime when he left last summer!

There's a bit of a smugness about him as well that I dislike

Actually, I'd agree that he wouldn't be a good example of poor loyalty in the game. There are others who are much worse in that regard!

GTR63 wrote: »
    Players I like to do well:
    Thiago Silva
    Zlatan
    Totti
    Klose
    Lavezzi
    Jonas Gutierez
    Hamsik
    Hernanes
    Javier Zanetti
    Marco Reus
    Sergio Romero
    Diouf
    Konchesky
    Owen
    Robinho
    Aronica

Totti is a genius to be fair to him.
    Hamsik is a very underrated player.
    Zanetti's a legend of the game.

Can't believe I forgot that **** Diouf!! :rolleyes:
    Don't like Aronica at all either.

Any particular reason for disliking Konchesky? Haven't seen much of him.

Clarence Seedorf - There was a player that I had in mind when I went to write this and then couldn't remember who it was! Clarence Seedorf. An absolute footballing icon. The man oozes class on and off the pitch and is one of the most widely respected players in years. A genius of a player as well as a very intelligent man too. Really hope he becomes the great manager I know he can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I know im being pedantic and nitpicking, but he was only ever our best player for one season and that was his last. Also the reason he didnt leave a lot sooner was not out of his great loyalty for Arsenal but it was for his shocking injury record over the seasons he was at the club.
    Anyway he is in the past when it comes to Arsenal and the club can move on from him by strengthening the attacking lineup for next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Seedorf is a great shout. I always had the height of respect for both him and Maldini at AC Milan.

Totti is a genius to be fair to him.
    Hamsik is a very underrated player.
    Zanetti's a legend of the game.

Can't believe I forgot that **** Diouf!! :rolleyes:
    Don't like Aronica at all either.

Any particular reason for disliking Konchesky? Haven't seen much of him.

I'm a liverpool fan and signing him was one of those and so it has come to this moments he was way out of his depth to put it mildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

In fairness to RVP, he moved from Arsenal to win trophies, a decision that seems like a good one. If the club don't match your ambition, best to leave. Fabregas and Nasri did it before.

Players I love to see doing well, apart from my own teams

Filipo Inzaghi - goes mad when he score a tap in

Totti - Class player

Keith Gillespie - Left United but secretly love watching him at Newcastle and hearing him do well at Longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He was Arsenal's best player for 1 season and before that he quite frankly wouldn't have gotten a transfer to a better club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id give me left one to see kaka back to his milan form, he was brilliant then. Hate seeing how his carrer turned out in madrid, will be intereting to see what happens him in the summer.

klose wrote: »
    Id give me left one to see kaka back to his milan form, he was brilliant then. Hate seeing how his carrer turned out in madrid, will be intereting to see what happens him in the summer.

An enigma in 2007... Hate to see him the way he is now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

An enigma in 2007... Hate to see him the way he is now

from my Draft team write ups:
    Kaka: Ballon d'Or: 2007, FIFPro World Player of the Year, IFFHS World‘s Best Playmaker: 2007, Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2007, UEFA Team of the Year: 2007 UEFA Champions League Top Scorer & Best forward & Best footballer of the year: 2006–07... the list goes on but it's safe to say he was the best around in 07

Sad to see the decline due to injuries etc since he moved to Madrid he truely was a joy to watch before that move

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

In general like to see players from the LOI who move overseas do well. Was great to see the likes of Fahey and Mclean play for Ireland.

Also, would like to see Balotelli do as well. Genuinely believe he has the talent to be one of the best of his generation. Mayne not quite Messi/Ronaldo's level, but almost as good. Just needs to apply himself properly.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

from my Draft team write ups:

Sad to see the decline due to injuries etc since he moved to Madrid he truely was a joy to watch before that move

Tbh his knees were fecked when he went to real, never forget the Derby where Inter fouled him nearly every time he got the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Players I like to see do well (I'm going to try to keep Chelsea and Barcelona players to the bare minimum):

Didier Drogba- My all time favourite player, loved that he scored for Galatasaray against Real Madrid. By all accounts a great person off the pitch, a hero in his home country and he does so much great work. He is also beloved at Marseille and Chelsea.

Kaka- Like most people I was a huge fan of Kaka in his prime, one of those players who you'd go out of your way to watch play. It's a shame the injuries had such a toll on his career.

Ronaldinho- A hero of Barcelona, helped to re-establish the club among the great sides of European football and gave years of joy to Barcelona fans. Always enjoyed watching him play for Milan, Brazil and the odd game now in Brazil.

Hazard- Currently my favourite Chelsea player, he has everything in his game. Lightning quick, great dribbler, can spot a pass, good decision making, a really exciting player and a decent character too.

Ozil- Yes he plays for Real Madrid but I have to admit I do enjoy watching him play, hugely gifted footballer with a very clever football brain.

Neymar- Worth staying up till 3am to watch a dubious stream (or the odd time ESPN's coverage) of him playing for Santos. Always worth watching in a Brazil jersey and now he arrives in Europe (in a more accessible time zone) to Barcelona, I'm very excited.

Xavi- There's no player I enjoy watching play more than Xavi. The symbol of tiki taka (and quite a spokesman for it too). A little genius.

Javier Hernandez- I'm not even quite sure what it is, maybe it's those goals against Chelsea, I just don't like him.

Rio Ferdinand- I always thought he was overrated in the first place, add that to his attitude, actions and character and it all boils and it all adds up to a person I truly don't like.

Joey Barton- Controversial for the sake of being controversial, it's earned him notoriety at least, a distinctly average footballer.

Joe Hart- again overrated and comes across as rather arrogant, I enjoy every mistake he makes.

Luis Suarez- Requires no explanation.

Diego Costa- On the pitch he is a bit of a raving lunatic, not someone it's easy to support.

Jack Wilshire- His Arsenal related comments are a bit cringe, overrated by some, wouldn't be surprised if in the end he leaves for the money.

There's probably more of both like and dislike that I've briefly forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Luis Suarez- Requires no explanation.

Diego Costa- On the pitch he is a bit of a raving lunatic, not someone it's easy to support.
    Did you get them the wrong way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Jack Wilshire- His Arsenal related comments are a bit cringe, overrated by some, wouldn't be surprised if in the end he leaves for the money.
    Andersonisgod calling something cringe :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Do well

Alessandro Del Piero - Legend. That is all.

Xavi - Phenomenal footballer and can see him playing on for at least another 3 or four years.

Andrea Pirlo - Madness for Milan to let him go to Juve. Even crazier was Inter including him in a swap deal for Francesco Coco all those years ago.

Diego Forlan - Thought he got a raw deal at Utd and delighted he's prospered since he's left them. So many players don't when they leave Old Trafford under a cloud.

Mario Balotelli - A total lunatic. But a great talent.

Xabi Alonso - As a Liverpool fan, one of my favourite players. Think he was more important than Gerrard and we've never replaced him.

Lucas Leiva - For the fact that he was slated by his own fans and the media and had the strength of character to take the heat and develop into a pivotal player for Liverpool.

Those I hope don't do well

John Terry - The most unlikeable player in football.

Ashley Cole - Can't fault him as a player. Just find him arrogant and unlikeable.

Rio Ferdinand - Could never warm to him and always found him completely overrated as a footballer.

Joe Hart - Overrated and arrogant. Delighted Pirlo owned him in the penalty shoot out at Euro 2012.

El Hadji-Diouf - A legend in his own mind.

Marcelo - Can't stand him. Dirty little toad.

Pepe - Ditto. Delighted when he either a) gets sent off or b) costs Real games.

Pepe now that guy is a real piece of....work.
    Its a LOT easier to find players you liked 10 years ago or that guys like Nedved, Cafu, Trezegoal, Serginho, Litmanen, Batistuta, Crespo and Recoba.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Going against popular opinion, I like to see Diouf doing well. I don't like the guy, but us Leeds fans aren't exactly spoiled for choice. :(

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Going against popular opinion, I like to see Diouf doing well. I don't like the guy, but us Leeds fans aren't exactly spoiled for choice. :(

No there's an understatement :pac:

Kaká seems well liked whenever he's mentioned. My favourite player. Would love to see him back on his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I was disappointed with Neymar lately.

But there is one player, who surely deserves a goal: Philly Hughes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Players I like seeing do well:

Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Anderson, Rafael, De Gea and all Irish players

Players who I'm not very fond of:

Terry, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Suarez and Wilshere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Do well from teams I don't support.

Essien : absolute brute of a player,would loved him to have played for United.

Henry : Still a joy to watch and some of his goals in the States have been just out of this world.

Daniel Sturridge : IMO his signing for Liverpool was a major coup, cracking finish to last season and if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be licking my lips to see him out of Suarez's shadow for the first part of the season. Could be a ready made replacement for LS and he appears to be a likeable young fella too.

Not do well.

Jon Obi Mikel - Thoroughly dislikeable individual and I hope he fecks off somewhere else in the summer.

Luis Suarez - Not much to say that hasn't been said already, a vile piece of work with a persecution complex, they say there is a thin line between genius and insanity, this guy skirts into the latter bracket as much/more than the former.

Henry is a great shout. Loved watching him when he was at Arsenal.

Didn't realise Mikel was disliked!

Suarez, Terry and Pepe seemed to creep up a lot, shocking :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Henry is a great shout. Loved watching him when he was at Arsenal.

Didn't realise Mikel was disliked!

Suarez, Terry and Pepe seemed to creep up a lot, shocking :pac:
    What's not to love...
    Luis-Suarez-Liverpool-pulling-funny-face-cropped

What's not to love...
    Luis-Suarez-Liverpool-pulling-funny-face-cropped

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Players I enjoy seeing do badly is
    Joey Barton - reasons above
    Steven Ireland - Think most people know why
    Steven Gerrard - I think he comes across as a very unlikeable chap
    Neymar - Never saw a player dive as much as him.
    Busquets - Obvious reasons
    Pepe - nothing wrong with a hard man. But a guy that says he enjoys injuring people is a nasty man. And the fact that he also dives a lot, rolling around the place holding his face. The worst of both worlds.
    Ronaldo - nothing funnier in world football than a Cristiano Ronaldo when things aren't going his way. Nothing against the man, just think his little strops and hissy fits are hilarious.

For some reason I have no problem with people like Suarez and Ashley Cole.

I like any other player to do well as long as it's not against my team. Few people shouted for Xabi Alonso, definitely would add him to a list of respected players I like.
    As a Juve fan, 3 players that come to mind are Buffon, Nedved and Del Piero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Delighted to see Pepé on a few lists. If there was an organisation dedicated to to unfair play he's be their ambassador.

I know he's retired but what do/did people think of Mark Van Bommel?

Really liked him when he was at Milan. Think he was one of those players that fans of other clubs all hate but you'd love him at your own club.

Gerrard's another I dislike, as is Joe Hart. Most English players seem to have a god complex about them. That's why I like to see England lose.

Lampard wasn't mentioned either. I used to dislike him but he's grown on me the past few years and now I respect him more and don't dislike him at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

+
    Kaka
    Ozil
    Muller
    Podolski (even before he joined Arsenal)
    Kagawa
    Hart
    Toure (Kolo)
    Mata
    Zabaleta
    Puyol
    Cabaye
    Ronaldo
    Buffon
    Ibrahimovic
    Iniesta
    Steven Taylor
    Balotelli

-
    Rafael
    Nasri
    Anderson
    Terry
    Cashley
    Giggs
    van Persie
    Suarez
    Pepe
    Busquets
    Evra
    Ramos
    Johnson (Glen)
    Spearing
    Robinho
    de Jong
    Pique
    Aronica
    Danny Simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Player I like to see do poorly:
    Balotelli.

Very over-rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Players I like to see do well

Giampaolo Pazzini: He plays for my favourite team now, but at Sampdoria (and even Inter) I always wanted him to do well. I don't really know why, I think it's his celebration. Oh, and this goal.

Juan Mata: One of few Chelsea players that I like, he seems like a really nice guy and has amazing talent.

Gareth Bale: Aside from the cringe celebration and the diving, he seems like a great guy. And a terrific talent which people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss.

Edin Dzeko: My first game overseas was Wolfsburg v United and he scored a cracking header in OT. Always liked him since, even at City. He's multilingual too, which I like for some reason.

Cavani, Suarez & Forlan: I kept a watch on them from the beginning of the World Cup and they were the best thing about that awful, awful, tournament. Despite his recent exploits, I still don't really mind Suarez. That Ghana game was incredible and we have him to thank for that!

Hamsik: I respect any man who has the balls to play with that hairstyle. Fair play to him. And I like his playing style too.

Ex-Ac Milan players that have been mentioned. Ibra, Kaka, Thiago Silva, Gattuso, Pato, Seedorf, etc. Even going back as far as Nesta. Heroes, every single one of them.

Players I like to see do poorly

Busquets: A cheat. Simple as. People with an attitude like his don't deserve to be in that position. He's a disgrace, Bill!

Gareth Barry/James Milner: Over-rated english players the pair of them. Good when they were at Villa but Man City have turned them to shíte. And I despise Man City.

Mascherano: The red card he got at Old Trafford for all that yapping shows what a stupid person he is. Thoroughly unlikeable chap.

Tevez: Grrrrr. Really makes my blood boil. I remember Rio - or someone at United - saying he put no effort in at training, but worked his hole off during the game. I really hate this cos everyone loved him for his work rate, while Ronaldo got slated for being lazy. And Ronaldo is arguably the hardest working player in the game and has been for some time.

Lucas Leiva: I hate holding midfielders. They do a simple job of slowing down the game and making it boring for everyone watching. Any other type of midfielder I don't mind (box-to-box, playmakers, ball-winners), but I despise holding midfielders and Lucas is the prime example of a holding midfielder. And he is hugely over-rated.

And to answer your question about Van Bommell Smithwicks Man, agreed that at Milan he seemed like a good player. But when he played for Holland I despised him. The most cynical player I had ever seen and he got away with murder at the WC. One of the reasons why that tournament was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Here's one of the reasons I don't like Neymar

9146917578_77b629e4e2_o.gif

Should fit in nicely at Barca

Cienciano wrote: »
    Here's one of the reasons I don't like Neymar

9146917578_77b629e4e2_o.gif

Should fit in nicely at Barca

Where is Andersonisgod when this damning evidence is being shown? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement