Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players you like to see do well/poorly and why?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Doing Poor:

Paddy Madden, frustrating to see him scoring so many in the UK with Yeovil when he couldnt hit a barn door in the LOI, he always thought he was better than he is , dont think any Bohs man holds him in high regard. Cheeky lil bollox aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Where is Andersonisgod when this damning evidence is being shown? :pac:

I didn't see the game tonight so I don't know what context that took place in, what happened before or afterwards. As an outsider looking in, to me it looks like the Uruguay player actually stands on Neymar's foot and Neymar, feeling pain, leaps into the air and falls to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I didn't see the game tonight so I don't know what context that took place in, what happened before or afterwards. As an outsider looking in, to me it looks like the Uruguay player actually stands on Neymar's foot and Neymar, feeling pain, leaps into the air and falls to the ground.

So why is he holding his face if it looks like the Uruguay player stood on his foot? Bizarre reaction

What happened in the lead up was the 2 players tussling for the ball, then the gif at which time the ref gave a free to Uruguay

Hidalgo wrote: »
    So why is he holding his face if it looks like the Uruguay player stood on his foot? Bizarre reaction

What happened in the lead up was the 2 players tussling for the ball, then the gif at which time the ref gave a free to Uruguay

Once I got elbowed in the stomach and held my face, I don't why and I wasn't trying to get the player sent off, it was just a reaction that occurred without me thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Are you drunk or blind ?

Neymar is pulling and dragging out of the uruguay player like mad . When he feels the slightest contact on his foot he does his usual jump and roll routine hoping to get a free or a card .

Are you drunk or blind ?

Neymar is pulling and dragging out of the uruguay player like mad . When he feels the slightest contact on his foot he does his usual jump and roll routine hoping to get a free or a card .

We don't know how much contact is made. Personally I wouldn't fancy being stamped on by a a big defender wearing blades (I assume) and I'm wearing a really thin boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always want anyone playing in an England shirt to have a stinker.

We don't know how much contact is made. Personally I wouldn't fancy being stamped on by a a big defender wearing blades (I assume) and I'm wearing a really thin boot.

There was barely any contact at all he was fine within a minute of it happening . It was a typical Neymar dive , jump high in the air and roll . I think he could become the most hated player in Europe if he keeps it up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

AIG has to be takin the piss lads.

• Advertisement

I'm not, I just think everyone has been too quick to jump on the "Neymar hating" boat. Like I said, I didn't see the game tonight so it's tough to form a real opinion on the incident. I'm just calling it as I saw it there in the gif, his foot gets stood on, his natural reaction is to jump into the air. If I stand on my dogs paw, my dog will yelp and jump away, it's a natural thing to do. Did he exaggerate it? Maybe, but clearly he wants protection from the referee and sometimes the only way to get that is to bring these instances to the forefront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gareth Barry/James Milner: Over-rated english players the pair of them. Good when they were at Villa but Man City have turned them to shíte. And I despise Man City.

Can't agree there boss, Milner has become a better player since joining City.

He's been outed as a United supporter in the Off Topic thread, which is funny when you consider the 'AIG' acronym.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Can't agree there boss, Milner has become a better player since joining City.

He's been outed as a United supporter in the Off Topic thread, which is funny when you consider the 'AIG' acronym.

I've had this thing on another forum for ages. The Anderson in my name has, and always will, refer to current, reigning and defending UFC Middleweight Champion, the pound for pound greatest fighter in the world, Anderson "Spider" Silva, the man who will defeat Chris Weidman the Saturday after next in their eagerly anticipated bout.

Why would anyone assume it to be the distinctly average Man Utd midfielder? There are so many more famous "Andersons"

I'm not, I just think everyone has been too quick to jump on the "Neymar hating" boat.

How is that the case . The lads on RTE even commented on his diving . When the RTE panel can pick up on something then you know it is a problem . He has been highlighted as the biggest diver of the tornament so far and the lad should get his head down and show the world what he is about and not all his rolling around antics .

How is that the case . The lads on RTE even commented on his diving . When the RTE panel can pick up on something then you know it is a problem . He has been highlighted as the biggest diver of the tornament so far and the lad should get his head down and show the world what he is about and not all his rolling around antics .

Like I've said, I didn't see any of the coverage from tonight so I can't comment on what RTE said. I'm just saying that everyone has been too quick to jump on his back, having watched him play a few times for Santos and a lot of times for Brazil I can safely say he does get fouled a lot, sometimes he is kicked around the pitch because some defenders think that's their best chance of stopping him. Have you thought that maybe the odd occasion when he does exaggerate a foul is to bring the fouling to the referees attention and to look for more protection from the referees? Maybe I believe that the most skillful players shouldn't be able to be physically kicked out of a game, that they need to be protected. Maybe, just maybe, the bad guys in all of this isn't Neymar but the referees who are too lenient and the hatchet men who do the kicking?

Like I've said, I didn't see any of the coverage from tonight so I can't comment on what RTE said. I'm just saying that everyone has been too quick to jump on his back, having watched him play a few times for Santos and a lot of times for Brazil I can safely say he does get fouled a lot, sometimes he is kicked around the pitch because some defenders think that's their best chance of stopping him. Have you thought that maybe the odd occasion when he does exaggerate a foul is to bring the fouling to the referees attention and to look for more protection from the referees? Maybe I believe that the most skillful players shouldn't be able to be physically kicked out of a game, that they need to be protected. Maybe, just maybe, the bad guys in all of this isn't Neymar but the referees who are too lenient and the hatchet men who do the kicking?

Maybe you have a hard on for him because he's just signed for Barcelona ;)

• Advertisement

Maybe you have a hard on for him because he's just signed for Barcelona ;)

Maybe. Maybe my opinion is biased. Equally, maybe those who have jumped on the Neymar haters badwagon have an equally biased opinion.

Maybe. Maybe my opinion is biased. Equally, maybe those who have jumped on the Neymar haters badwagon have an equally biased opinion.

I'm sure there's plenty but you're displaying the sort of opinion that comes with blinkers.
    Have you thought that maybe the odd occasion when he does exaggerate a foul is to bring the fouling to the referees attention and to look for more protection from the referees?

That line often gets trotted out when defending a diver, "It's ok to cheat because he gets fouled a lot", and it's a load of nonsense.

I'm sure there's plenty but you're displaying the sort of opinion that comes with blinkers.

That line often gets trotted out when defending a diver, "It's ok to cheat because he gets fouled a lot", and it's a load of nonsense.

I honestly don't think I am. Am I saying the man is a saint? No. I am merely saying that calling a 21 year old who most of us haven't seen play on a weekly basis a cheat is far too extreme. I don't think that having such an opinion is very radical, indeed I'd call it level-headed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Why would anyone assume it to be the distinctly average Man Utd midfielder? There are so many more famous "Andersons"

Because only a few months ago in another thread you tried to defend the name by saying that it was satirical and that when united signed anderson he looked like a great player...

Seaneh wrote: »
    Because only a few months ago in another thread you tried to defend the name by saying that it was satirical and that when united signed anderson he looked like a great player...

Mate I think you've got the wrong person. I definitely didn't say that. This isn't the first forum I've used this username and whenever anyone has asked about what the "Anderson" in the name means, it's always been the same, it's never changed. I'm a big Anderson Silva fan, I have been for ages. So yes, my username is in reference to, arguably the greatest pound for pound fighter ever and not the painfully average Man Utd midfielder Anderson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I like to see Phil Jones doing well and doing poorly, just for more epic faces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looks to me like neymar jumps before his foot is "stamped" on. And doubtful contact is even made on the "stamp". And lol at having to see an entire game to make your mind up about a dive!
    Think my ignore list is going to get its first member very soon!

Add Wes Hoolahan to the list of players I want to see do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

With this response in mind, I just watched the players feet in this gif.

1. Although the uruguayan did stamp there was no contact
    2. If there was contact, how in gods name would he be able to spring 3 foot off the ground

Your bias towards anything barca is so ridiculous you are becoming a parody of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I'm not a United fan but I root for David de Gea, as he's clearly got bags of potential but has been thrust into a high-pressure environment a little too early. I would like to see Czesny do well for much the same reason.

I'm a total Mata and fanboy, probably even more than the average Chelsea fan. Aside from being a genius, he seems to be a sporting, relatable character - a frontman for the club that one could actually be proud of. Same with Luiz, minus the sporting - I know he's absolutely filthy.

By contrast, I would dance if Chelsea sold Terry in the morning. His legs have gone, he's a disruptive influence, a lightning rod for criticism and an icon for several closet-EDL types among the supporters. Pure poison.

Lower down the pecking order, I have a soft spot for Chris Forrester despite being a Rovers fan. On his day, he's a special player. I also root for Ciaran Kilduff - a good player who's had horrid luck with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I'm not, I just think everyone has been too quick to jump on the "Neymar hating" boat. Like I said, I didn't see the game tonight so it's tough to form a real opinion on the incident. I'm just calling it as I saw it there in the gif, his foot gets stood on, his natural reaction is to jump into the air. If I stand on my dogs paw, my dog will yelp and jump away, it's a natural thing to do. Did he exaggerate it? Maybe, but clearly he wants protection from the referee and sometimes the only way to get that is to bring these instances to the forefront.

If, and I don't he was stood on it was his toe at the most that got caught. Very unusual reaction to leap into the air and hold one's face.

For me the holding of the face was because the Uruguayan's hand was on Neymar's shoulder.

I'm no Neymar hater like you think some are, no Neymar huge fan either as I havn't seen enough of him.

I simply judged last nights instance on last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Once I got elbowed in the stomach and held my face, I don't why and I wasn't trying to get the player sent off, it was just a reaction that occurred without me thinking about it.

It happened because you've been watching Barca too much, they've messed up your brain.

Busquets v2

Advertisement