Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy real Cuban cigars in Havana?

• 23-06-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

As per title, I am interested in purchasing some. Where is the best place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Doesn't make a huge difference, as prices are pretty much the same. Don't buy them off street sellers, as their counterfeit, and they won't issue the necessary documentation to allow you to take them home through customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

What documentation should I have? What price am I lookin at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

What documentation should I have? What price am I lookin at?

I can't remember prices, I was there in 06, but you don't have to worry about the documentation, the vendor will give you a docket to prove you bought them at a licensed vendor, and you just show this to customs on your way out. Don't lose it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I didn't have any documents with me bringing them in. went to farm to see the whole process of how they are made and bought a bundle of ten there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

That's an option, have a few days in Havana at the end but it's probably going to be R&R time by then! If there was a farm nearby it could be an option though but as far as I know, the farms are outside of Havana.

• Advertisement
Advertisement