Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still interviewing after contract signed?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have successfully interviewed for and been offered a job and am expecting to sign a contract this coming week. I'm not due to start this new job until start of August. The thing is I have a couple of other jobs that I am due to interview for in the coming weeks. Would there be any problem with me turning down the job I've signed a contract for if I get offered one of the other jobs I'm interviewed for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No. They might be annoyed - but it happens more often than you might think.

Remember, in any job, you are on probation for (up to) the first 12 months, and can be let go for pretty much any reason. Your situation is pretty much the employee side of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I just sort of had it in my head that once an employment contract is signed I'm not allowed break it without consequences. Like you said I suppose the contract is more just to agree the terms of employment and it is NOT binding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I wouldn't take that as read. It may be a case that they'll just waive it, rather than it not being legally binding - but we can't give legal advice here, so you may want to check that out.

Advertisement