Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My doggy is walking funny :(

• 23-06-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

I've an English Setter bitch, she's about 8 or 9 years old, and is getting on age wise. While she still has plenty of energy she has calmed down a lot in recent years. After walking her she does tend to be slightly lame in her right front leg, however it is not bad and passes after a few hours.

This morning I brought her out and although we did a slightly longer route then normal, at the end of the walk I noticed that she had slightly curled her bum in underneath her and was walking funny on her two hind legs. She is left off the lead and does tend to go running through the trees so I don't always have an eye on her. I was just wondering why she might be walking funny on her two back legs and should I take her for a check up//x-ray on her hips? I know she's getting old and I'm worried she might have or be getting arthritis. She is a trained field dog and very energetic. Any advice? Very paranoid owner, want to make sure my little baby is okay :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'd recommend taking her to the vet and telling him/her all that you've said on here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

as you say, she is getting on now, but if shes still energetic and loving her walks and running through the trees etc, it sounds good. Yes definately take her for a check up - she may be starting arthritis or some age related problem, or it might be just a pulled muscle/ligament or something - you will only be helping her by getting it checked, and it will put your mind at ease.

Advertisement