Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text notification stopped

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah. Its been hammered out on the Talk To forums as well without much success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Comreg should force interoperability.

I think the issue is that eircom provide SMS as a supplementary service above and beyond anything they're required to do by the terms of their PSTN license. So it's not like a mobile provider that would have it as part of the standard services.

I guess that might be why there's an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

SpaceTime wrote: »

Being there, nothing they can do either...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

SpaceTime wrote: »

And good luck with that one as well...:rolleyes:

I wonder will we have any luck now that 3 have bought O2.
    http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/three-buys-o2-mobile-phone-networks-963827-Jun2013/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Sorry guys, I've been offline most of the day. It seems the issue is with Three then...bugger. Yeah i also ported my number from O2. My wife is with O2 so she is fine. As you say above it will be interesting to see what pans out with the Three O2 linkup.

Cheers for all the input and help.

After today's disaster things have to get better for them...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davebuck

Can safely say the HKC gsm works perfectly well both in Spain and Portugal with Vodafone and O2 each having an Irish PAYG sim in both and registered online for easy top up.Small price to pay for peace of mind when the alarm goes off abroad.

Advertisement