Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-clearance in Dublin if flying via London?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi,
    Next week I'm flying Dublin-London-LAX. Just wondering do I have to (or can I if I wish to have it out of the way) do the pre-clearance in Dublin even though I'm not flying directly to the USA from Dublin?!

Comments

Short answer: No.

All you could conceivably do is pick up the entry form and carry it with you all the thousands of miles to the point of entry, on the continental United States. Or forget the whole thing and get the form on the plane. Like everyone beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No. You can only pre clear US Customs and Immigration if you fly directly from Ireland to the US non stop. The facilities to do so are only at the US departure gates, which are in a different part of the airport to the non US flights. You can't access them unless you are on a direct flight to the US.

Advertisement