Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thomson Router Issues

• 23-06-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

OKay, I know this has been posted on multiple occasions, but I am yet to find a fix and my problem doesn't match some of things I've read so I'll lay it out.

Set up is currently:
    Desktop connected to router via ethernet. The ethernet connection is enabled through my power socket.
    A laptop connected wirelessly.

The connection does not drop while the connection is under heavy use. If I'm mid game, it doesn't drop, if I'm mid download it doesn't drop. When my game ends, and I return to menus, connection can drop. If I'm just browsing the internet, connection drops.

When the connection drops, I can no longer access the router through 192.168.0.1, however I will remain connected to the LAN at all times. The connection drop is per device. Desktop may remain connected while the laptop is fine, and vice versa.

For a short while we had another router broadcasting, it was connected to the router via ethernet. UPC router was not in bridge mode (or in the DMZ) Connection similarly went down, but I was always able to access this router, whether connection was down or not.

My current fix is permanently seeding some linux distros, and the connection hasn't gone down while I've remembered to keep utorrent running, but this is not a satisfactory fix.

When not downloading or uploading regularly the connection drops out frequently, often multiple times in an hour.

If any body has any idea what's going on, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement