Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan to Citywest

Options
  • 23-06-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Looking at commuting from Lucan to Citywest in the mornings.

ATM I'm currently getting one of the 25s into town and then getting the LUAS out. Was just wondering is there any private direct services that go from Lucan to Citywest or any shorter way of doing it than I am presently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

apoch632 wrote: »
    I'm currently getting one of the 25s into town and then getting the LUAS out.

Are you joking? :eek:

It's about 15 minutes on a bike, I guess about an hour to walk. Surely even walking is a lot quicker than taking the bus into town and then the LUAS back out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i agree, its a doddle on a bike. i commute from blanch on a bike and have to deal with the strawberry beds which i hate due to the danger of it. blanch to citywest is 18k which takes me about 50 minutes. so for you it would take about 20 or so. if i lived where you are i would never go into town. what about a skooter even. you could pick one up for 500 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

My hubbie cycles it -takes anything between 30-45 mins depending on your location in Lucan
    Very safe cycle also with the bus lanes that are not in use!!!

He had to do the 25/Luas commute a few times but it takes FOREVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

I cycle it too. From Penny Hill its about 30 mins max. There is a cycle lane all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fair enough, looks like I underestimated the time it takes on a bike :)

From me (south Lucan) to the Naas road is about 15 minutes at a very leisurely pace on an old mountainbike. I guess from the Lucan village to Citywest would double that time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Just to clarify . . . for my hubbie, we're the far side of superquinn and he works in the far side of city west. 45 minutes would be the top time it would take and that would be when there's a strong wind against him!!
    We used to live near the Penny Hill and it took about 10 mins less from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crystalgodess

Hi Just wondering if anyone is travelling by car to city west ?I am only working tuesdays and thursdays and really would be sooo grateful for a lift from anyone going , thanks a million..Milly

Advertisement