Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-cig for use in public

Options
  • 23-06-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭

I'm presently using an e-vic which is great for regular use at home etc... But I find its a bit bulky for use out and about in the pub/restaurants. While I've never had a difficulty getting it on a plane I'm always paranoid about it being confiscated which would be a disaster!

So I'm looking to get a new kit (or just a new mod/battery) that I can use as my out and about ecig and also in case the evic breaks (which it is prone to doing). Every time I look at this forum it looks like they have invented a million new types of ecig so I'm a little overwhelmed at the choice.

The key points for me are:
    Relative discreet size (but it doesn't need to be tiny)
    Good battery life ( to get you through a good night out)
    Good throat hit
    Ideally compatible with evic so I can swap clearos and atomisers easily
    Not that bothered by price (but don't think I could justify the price of a provari mini)
    Ease of charging (I hate having to have a million wires etc - do any of them charge via a mini-USB like my evic?)

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I would say get yourself an Evolv Kick and a telescopic mechanical or another with an 18350 tube. Take an extra 18350 battery with you.
    A sigelei 20, Smok Natural, The Storm telescope.

I would recommend verifying that a kick will fit and work in the mod before buying it though. I know its fine in the Natural. Just be sure to stick to IMRs if you go the kick route. Apparently if the inner tube is too wide for the kick you can stuff in a piece of cardboard or paper to ensure the spring touches the casing. Needs to have a bare metal interior too, no anodising or any of that.

another possibility would be the Evic with an 18350 tube, it will still be a tad bit longer than a kicked 18350 mechanical mod though. I think Vaperus have some 18350 tubes at the moment, I think Smoktech SID tubes fit on the Evic as well, PBusardo did a review on the Smok SID if you want to verify that.
    Grabbing a few 650 mah Twists could do the job as well, they are fairly tiny, although any Twist or Spinner would be smaller than an Evic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bren_

Ego twists is wat I use out and about. The 900 mag lasts me most if the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Another vote for an ego twist. Really can't be beat for the money. Size is small. I'd go for 900 or 1000mAh. And maybe get a kanger evod with a few 1.8 ohm coils?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm using a ego twist with kanger clearos and its too big if you ask me, its narrow but too long.

You can get mini ego batteries though and some small 1.6ml clearos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Cheers guys, does an ego twist go with a manger evod or other 510 compatible clearos? Or are there any unusual adapters that you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Yeah, just screws straight on, no need for an adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mindful

I'm brand new to this. Been vaping for just a week now, but in case it's any use...

I have an Ego-T with CE4 clearos. Nice and light, I find the draw and vapour excellent (of course I've not experienced other setups yet though) and the battery lasts me almost a day and a half. Super slim for the pockets too.

Advertisement