Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT social life?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi im new here (so sorry if starting new threads is annoying or smtin)

But im thinking about going to WIT in september, however all my friends are saying that its a crap town and there is no social life?
    I wonder how true that is and would you recomend going to waterford?
    Are the people nice and stuff?
    What other place in ireland would you compare waterford to?
    Ok thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

DiixieDot wrote: »

But im thinking about going to WIT in september, however all my friends are saying that its a crap town and there is no social life?
    Ok thanks a mill

The weekends aren't as good as say Cork but they have been getting better recently. The Wednesday student nights are (nearly)always quite good.... there's always a big crowd out on them anyways.

How much fun you're gonna have will depend a lot on what course you want to do or what societies/clubs you join. Some are way better for going out than others.

I wouldn't really be able to compare it to other cities or towns, also all the student clubs and pubs are all pretty central (and the takeaways ;) ) but there are normally a good few house parties around and then a lot of people head in tot own around 11ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Waterford is a tiny city (its more like a town) and there isn't much of a selection of places to choose from but what is there is pretty good and ive often had some good nights out in Waterford.

The people are the exact same as anywhere else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Ok thanks a mill

Hello DiixieDot,
    1) What were your friends reasons for saying Waterford is a crap town and no social life? I don't think it's a crap town tbh. It's not going to compare with the likes of Dublin or Cork. They are much bigger and there's more to do / more places to go out.
    2)It's a small town but there's good craic to be had in town and the dome which is the college bar. There's only a few clubs but from what I've heard from friends and family that live in Waterford it's improved over the last couple of years :) regards to there being no social life it really depends on what you're into, who your friends are - whether they are into going out or not and sometimes the course you doing! The likes of Ag Science would be mad into going out etc ..
    3) I would recommend going to Waterford depending on what course you're planning on doing!
    4) The people are grand no different to anywhere else!
    5) what other place to compare it to? Now that I haven't a clue, I mean everywhere is different and will have there ups and downs!

Mugatuu

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DiixieDot

Thanks guys :) i was thinking about doing BA in Marketing with Advertising & Online Media or retail management but im still not sure :L either way thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thanks guys :) i was thinking about doing BA in Marketing with Advertising & Online Media or retail management but im still not sure :L either way thanks for all the replies

That's the course that I'm doing at the mo.

If yours is similar, the ballpark figure would be about 25 people in the course. All of the lecturers are sound and so far so good as far as quality is concerned.

Again, with it being a small enough course compared to similar ones like Business your class will probably gel better.

We have had numerous nights out throughout the year which are great if you don't know much people outside of your course. For a couple of classes you'll be mixed with International Business 1st Years but also with their 2nd Years for another module, so again that's good potential for course night outs.

Nightlife is fine but after a short while becomes a routine and almost an effort. Foundry is pretty much the exclusive club of choice for 1st Years. Even if people on here suggest others places being good, I guarantee you will end up in The Foundry most nights.

Feel free to message me if you want any more information about the Marketing w/ Advertising & Online Media course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Its pretty bad alright. being honest. Died about 2006 when club 10 closed.

Where are you moving from? Farmers and that love the place as there not used to being away from home but city folk struggle with the lack of shops etc..

Itll mostly be college students you associate with so no point in asking as itll be lots of different types of people. Youll likely have a good bit in common with them.

Kilkenny, Carlow maybe. There all as bad and as good as each other. Small minded but a bit more wide to the world than Leitrim and Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I do the ba in marketing course and its brilliant if your into advertising an branding etc. As for night out goes the weekends tend to be alright. Some nights are better than others. I would recommend going to Crystal night club as its got a dj in a big smoking area and theres 3 night clubs in 1 (Crystal, The loft and shorrts bar) Being a first year everyone is going to go to the foundary but I really don't see the fascination with it. Theres a tiny smoking area in it, which you will be crushed and the music is sh!ite . But thats just my opinion. Anyways the foundary gets full (over full might I add) after bout 12-1ish. Then everyone goes to crystal.

If you have any more questions just ask me and I will answer and good luck with your choice for next year.

P.s If your're doing a business course I'd strongly recommend W.I.T. It has a reputation of being the best place to go to do a business course.

Advertisement