Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THESE BB'S ANY GOOD?TAIWANGUN.COM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dgsecond

Not sure if you should have opened this thread in the Airsoft adverts section. Ask one of the mods, they will let you know.

In answer to your question I have used the Taiwangun BBs and if you want to test them out you can get some fom Munster Airsoft in Cork. I found that they were not as accurate as the King arms BBs or Gunfire Rocket BBs.
    SE Airsoft were selling the Gunfire Rockets but I think they have stoped stocking them, but you can order them from Poland (link Below).
    http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152194855-Gunfire-Rockets-Professional-0-20g-BBs-1kg.html

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭pepsi45

ok so should i go with the taiwan gun ones or the gunfire pl ones??? which is better and which have you used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

This should really be in the 'Airsoft Questions' section.

Answering you'r question, P&J are a rebrander and I've only ever seen them on TaiwanGun. I believe P&J rebrand A&K AEG's, SVD's, etc... However, I'm not sure about pellets.

Since the actual manufacture of the pellets are unknown, I wouldn't advise you to order them. Stick with King Arms, G&G, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dgsecond

pepsi45 wrote: »
    ok so should i go with the taiwan gun ones or the gunfire pl ones??? which is better and which have you used?

I found the Gunfire rockets to be more accurate.
    Do a Google search on them and you will find some reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I used taiwan bbs cause they were cheap when i first started out and thought they were ok till i used the kingarms. Kingarms are more accurate and u get a bit better range too.Now thats my opinion i used them in the raider and in saying that it depends on the gun and hop up, barrel/rubber. The taiwan bbs could work aswell in your gun as the kingarms work in my gun.

• Advertisement

ya no i am only starting out and younng so cash is rare so will they still work ok and not jam my gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

No i never had one jam and i used around 5 or 6 bags of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WolfPack

Gunfire Rockets are sh1t. Always jammed in my precision barrels:mad:

so taiwan one are the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There's too many risks involved in using substandard ammo to really make the saving of a fiver worthwhile. Poor quality ammo could do anything from simply be inaccurate, to ripping up hob rubbers with unpolished rounds, jamming in the barrel/hop with out of tolerance (or straight up oversized) rounds, and even shattering upon impact if they're molded wrong (brittle rounds mainly apply to bio, but I've often seen cheap, regular ones split too).

Inaccurate ammo is going to annoy you, but it's not the end of the world.
    Unpolished or poorly guaged rounds (over/under tolerance) could give you wild chrono readings, completely ruin a hop unit, or jam entirely in a barrel, taking you out of a game for the day, maybe even costing you a new hop. If you're using a tightbore, or even intend to later, then you absolutely have to stay away from the cheaper kinds for exactly this reason.
    Brittle rounds could explode within the hop chamber, putting debris in your gearbox and hop unit, and potentially damaging seals/rubbers. Worse still, they can be a hazard to people wearing mesh eye protection.

Between the cost of shipping and tax, you'll save next to nothing in buying them abroad instead of locally, unless you're bulk buying (even then, most Irish stores will probably work something out for you). Stay away from the cheap ones when ordering.

King Arms, G&G, Madbull, etc, all produce reliable ammo that has been tried and tested. Some manufacturers of bb's have bad names for good reasons, and it pays to heed those warnings.

Cheap ammo is a false economy, no matter how rare cash is.

• Advertisement

very inspiring stuff there nakedDex and now another question which bb is the best with out breaking the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

King Arms/G&G are about the same price, and are almost universally highly regarded. Average price is about €15 per 1kg bag, anywhere in Ireland (that I've seen). Sounds pricey by comparison, but Gunfire do them at €10 before shipping costs. That shipping would easily be the bones of a fiver (ever post something internationally that weighed 1kg+? It's mad money).
    I believe Gunfire do free shipping on orders over a certain amount (€50 I think?), so if you were doing a bulk order it may be worthwhile, or if you had eyes on a new gun etc. Otherwise, your best money is spent locally.

Advertisement