Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain-Climb Tipperary

Options
  • 23-06-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be visiting friends up in Roscrea and thought of taking in a climb whilst in the area on my two consecutive days off this coming week.

Was looking at either the Devils' Bit or else more preferably, Keeper Hill. If anyone with experience of either or both would like to share some advice, it would be welcome.

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Comments

Look up mountainviews.ie for routes etc.

Keeper Hill isn't the most attractive summit, all forestry roads on way up and communications masts at the top. The nearby Silvermines are nice though, you can bag a few quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Look up mountainviews.ie for routes etc.

Keeper Hill isn't the most attractive summit, all forestry roads on way up and communications masts at the top. The nearby Silvermines are nice though, you can bag a few quite quickly.

Thanks. Was hoping to clock a few this coming week alright.

Yeah I found that site and registered (I see we're both online there right now). Will go view what others have submitted on there and have a ponder :)

Cheers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Head to Portroe

Very scenic as it overlooks Lough Derg, plently of hills and you can climb up to Graves of the Leinstermen and the slate quarries above the village.

Nenagh Wheelers are out and about in the area constantly, when they want hills they come to Portroe

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Head to Portroe

Very scenic as it overlooks Lough Derg, plently of hills and you can climb up to Graves of the Leinstermen and the slate quarries above the village.

Nenagh Wheelers are out and about in the area constantly, when they want hills they come to Portroe

Ah sweet! I cycled around Lough Derg late last year as part of a personal cycling challenge, would be nice to re-visit the area on another capacity.

Will look into this too.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement