Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear blue fertility monitor

Options
  • 23-06-2013 6:37pm

Hello, first time using the monitor. I'm on day 18 at the moment. Anyone currently using this and what has been your experience ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It doesn't work for me... because I have long cycles... more 2 - 3 days off normal 28 day cycle and it doesn't know what to do with itself.

I gave it to a friend though, and it works for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

pwurple - if you have longer cycles just 'trick the machine'. When it is your day 12/15 say, tell the machine you are on day 6. Just wait until day 6/7 of your cycle to put in day 1 of your cycle on the machine. That should do the trick.

sunnyspot - it can be very useful to pinpoint ovulation to try and maximise the chance of conception. I did a lot of research before buying mine and I know women that were regular as clock work and it did not work out for them, others with very irregular ovulation patterns who were successful. Me personally? I think worrying about ovulation/conception is certainly not helping so I am taking a break from the machine (doctors orders!). Don't get me wrong it does work but I think diet, exercise and a calm mind (alongside regular trying of course) would save a lot of people a lot of money :) I wish you the very best of luck with it :)

ahaaha wrote: »
    pwurple - if you have longer cycles just 'trick the machine'. When it is your day 12/15 say, tell the machine you are on day 6. Just wait until day 6/7 of your cycle to put in day 1 of your cycle on the machine. That should do the trick.

sunnyspot - it can be very useful to pinpoint ovulation to try and maximise the chance of conception. I did a lot of research before buying mine and I know women that were regular as clock work and it did not work out for them, others with very irregular ovulation patterns who were successful. Me personally? I think worrying about ovulation/conception is certainly not helping so I am taking a break from the machine (doctors orders!). Don't get me wrong it does work but I think diet, exercise and a calm mind (alongside regular trying of course) would save a lot of people a lot of money :) I wish you the very best of luck with it :)

Thanks, i should have said I have long, irregular cycles. Anywhere between 35 to 65 days. The test window is too short for me on them.

Hello, just wanted to give you an update. I've been super lucky and got my bfp yesterday. Best of luck to all of you on your journey x

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    Hello, just wanted to give you an update. I've been super lucky and got my bfp yesterday. Best of luck to all of you on your journey x

Wow! First go, well done! That's a ringing endorsement for the product anyway. :)

Good luck with the pregnancy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone have been ttc since march no such luck yet, just wondering how much these are, how much use u get from them & how successful they are, advice would be appreciated :-)

er1983 wrote: »
    Hey everyone have been ttc since march no such luck yet, just wondering how much these are, how much use u get from them & how successful they are, advice would be appreciated :-)

I bought mine on Amazon, total cost for monitor and sticks 80euro. I think it can be double that in the shops. Really easy to use, but you must have regular cycles. From 6 dayds after the 1st day of your cycle you poas. Up to a point when you get your peak. If you dont get a peak the monitor will keep looking for sticks.
    There is a great faq section on the clearblue site. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions.

Advertisement