Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax DNS issue?

• 23-06-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭

Is anyone else having issues with wimax now? I can ping Google and 8.8.8.8 fine but I can't browse to anything, I've checked it on my mobile to rule out a pc/firewall issue so I'm stumped.

my head is saying a dns issue but then it wouldn't explain why I can ping 8.8.8.8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I'm having the same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Its telling me I have a connection but then it won't let me access the net.

Whats the problem does anyone know is it widespread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

It must be some sort of MSO, I'm seriously sick of wimax, between their outages and crappy connection/speeds I'm thinking of moving to eircom...at least in a few months I can switch to fibre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

this is a problem with their family protection feature, it seem to have auto enabled over the weekend for all users, then died....
    its blocking all traffic on port 80 and 443, skype, msn, ssh, vpns etc. all remain unaffected

you can fix this by accessing your account at https://myaccount.imagine.ie and turing off family protection, if its all ready off, turn it on, back off again and reboot your wimax router..

thats what i did to solve the issue.

i believe they are in the process of disabling it for everyone anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Could somebody update this thread when normal service has resumed?

I'm in work and would like to know if this issue is still going to be waiting for me when I get home this evening.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

has this been sorted yet?

has this been sorted yet?

Not sure, forgot to check last night....can someone update pls

skeg16 wrote: »
    Not sure, forgot to check last night....can someone update pls

Our excellent service is now restored :-)

please close the thread

Advertisement