Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Places to Get Started

Options
  • 23-06-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I'm a young female trad/folk singer looking for somewhere to get started somewhere after years of having an interest in Irish music and being told I should take up singing at sessions or within a trad group etc.

I was wondering are there any open mic nights or something similar around the Dublin anywhere where someone could gain experience? Really anywhere I could stand up and sing and get myself out there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cuddlylad

loads of singing session around dublin. id say google them.

the cle club meet every wednesday night in the stags head, but it doesnt run during the summer, i think the last one migh be tomorrow night.

Also one in Oscars bar malahide, i think the last thurseday of the month and one in bray it once a month on a saturday night not sure what one though!

There are a few other that im not sure of the details.

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Cobblestone bar in smithfield also running an open mic nite, they've a Facebook page which has details on it

Advertisement