Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WE HI-Capa Dragon 5.1 problem?

• 23-06-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    While taking the first few shots with my newly bought gun (not first hand though), I seem to have encountered a problem. I'm not sure whether this is normal in this gun, but compared to my other pistols, it seems to be malfunctioning.
    What I mean by this is that gas spurts out in liquid form quite often, and that every second or so shot, the bb rolls out of the barrel instead of firing.
    This could be common, or just "cool down", but I ament so sure, as the bbs never shoot too far, even with hop up on fully (again compared to my other pistols)
    I'm looking into trading this at the moment, and am checking to see if there is a problem with it before I withdraw my ad!
    I am not firing too quickly or anything, and it's not too cold out, and the mags are completely leak free (I even tried out different mags - same result)
    All help with this problem will be welcome!
    Thanks again :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

If a bb is rolling out of the barrel, this is an issue with the hop up rubber. It may not be sitting with the inner barrel right or it may simply be worn and need to be replaced. As far as I know the Marui hi-cappa/1911 rubbers work and can be bought from a few different retailers online.

As far as the gas spurting out, is it coming out of the barrel or the chamber (top)

This can be caused by the loading nozzle being damaged or its internals. Or the piston head not being up to scratch.

The last thing I could think off that would cause the expulsion of gas would be the hammer sear/knocker valve. Could be too tough on the mags causing too much gas.

If you fire one shot and than take out the mag is there still gas in the pistol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Lil Armour wrote: »
    If a bb is rolling out of the barrel, this is an issue with the hop up rubber. It may not be sitting with the inner barrel right or it may simply be worn and need to be replaced. As far as I know the Marui hi-cappa/1911 rubbers work and can be bought from a few different retailers online.

As far as the gas spurting out, is it coming out of the barrel or the chamber (top)

This can be caused by the loading nozzle being damaged or its internals. Or the piston head not being up to scratch.

The last thing I could think off that would cause the expulsion of gas would be the hammer sear/knocker valve. Could be too tough on the mags causing too much gas.

If you fire one shot and than take out the mag is there still gas in the pistol?
    Thanks for replying :)
    I'm not too familiar with gas pistols, so I wouldn't be able to tell me arse from me elbow inside one , hence my confusion with this ;)
    I'd say it could be the rubber to be honest, as the range isn't great on it anyway, even with full hop. I'll get that checked once I have time sure.
    The gas spurts out in liquid form over my hand once it blows back, so I presume its coming out of the chamber? This could be normal, again I have no idea :P
    It only does this sometimes though
    When one bb is shot, there is still gas in the mag, so it mustn't be the knocker valve
    Any more ideas on this?
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

It's either the loading nozzle or the rubber than. It's not normal for the gas to be venting as liquid. And to fix both of the issues, the gUN would need to be examined.

If you are ever up in Dublin I can help with this.

No worries :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Lil Armour wrote: »
    It's either the loading nozzle or the rubber than. It's not normal for the gas to be venting as liquid. And to fix both of the issues, the gUN would need to be examined.

If you are ever up in Dublin I can help with this.

No worries :-)
    Tested it last night
    Fired flawlessly for a while, but is it usual for it to get sluggish after use? I mean, the blowback on it?
    The bbs shot with great range for a while, but then some shots were further, and some began to shoot very weakly!
    Any idea what this is?
    Thanks once again :)

Advertisement