Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone mark this card.

• 23-06-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I was down in HH this evening. First time to shoot at these cards and second time shooting bench rest. First time to shoot the new rifle aswell.

I shot two cards and took pictures of 2 groups using 2 different Ammos.

I know its not world championship level but I'm happy enough with them for the first time anyway.
    But I'm unsure or haven't a clue of how to score them. Could someone have a quick look please.

6C580E95-2319-466F-B292-5A3679EA792F-9979-00000EBA33FC8FA2_zpsb277c4d5.jpg

7984BF48-23AA-4B8F-8CD7-62FC73E209A9-9979-00000EBA46B93FFA_zpse342a8f8.jpg

50086ED9-61AA-431D-ACAB-BB3C7F7D911A-9979-00000EBA5642F659_zps02460e92.jpg

CD42E38C-9214-4605-A4CF-C15051FB389B-9979-00000EBA5E0D3190_zps33d4cbbf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

I'm not going to score them for ya..........

Center dot is X scored as10 and use to determine a winning score if totals are equal. Middle circle is 10, next 9, next 8..............etc. Anything not on a target but in the box is 4. Inner scoring is used if a round cuts or touches a line you take the higher score. Max score is 250 X25

You should be up in the 225-240 with your International Sporter comp. rifle using a max 6.5 zoom on your scope and all up weight of 8.5lb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

First card looks to be a 215 -2x. The second card is valid due to multiple shots in each target, but at a glance it's down in the 170 mark. A lot of 4s are killing the score on it.

The top pictures are just a grouping shot so no need to mark them.

The middle card if 215-2x is decent if it's your first bash at them. As clive said you are looking for 225+ and to be able to maintain that score on 6 power.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Rough Scores as follows:

Card 1 216 - 2 X (Picture 3)
    Card 2 191 - 2 X (Picture 4)

On Card 2 I was nice, you should have lost the highest score in Box 6 & 11 as there was 2 shots in each and as well as losing the highest shot, you would get a -1 point penalty, (but I ignored them)

Not bad shooting especially card 1 - was the scope at 6.5 power for International Sporter class, or at higher Magnification which would put you in to Light Varmint Class ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Scalachi wrote: »
    216 - 2 X
    Softy .
    Cass wrote:
    215-2x

:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Thanks for the marking and explanations there aswell guys thanks.

No infairness genuinely my first time shooting at them cards and first time using the new rifle aswell. I was on my own this evening so didn't know the rules and the marking system so that's why I asked here. At least if I know the right score I stay adding so I come to the right score.

So the total score can be 250 the you count how many times you hit the 10 circle in cause of a draw.

I had the scope on 14 magnification. I couldn't tell you the weight of the setup.

If there are two shots in the one square can you count either of the shots or is it just a minus point.

• Advertisement

Its more normal to count backwards instead of forwards.

So each Box is 10 Points, so if you have a 9 its -1, an 8 -2 etc.

Its normally easier to subtract say 5 x 1's at the end of the line instead of adding together 5 x 9 's (hope that makes sense)

In the event of 2 competitors reaching the magic 250 (does not happen that often) then the person with the higher number of 10X (that's a 10 where the Dot in the middle has been hit to some extent) wins.

Weight may not matter, as the scope was on 14X, you are shooting in Light Varmint Class, the gun can be up to 10.5 IBs and there is no limit on the magnification :)

If there are 2 shots in the same square, the best one is disqualified, and the other one stays -1 so of you have a 9 and a 5, the 9 is disqualified and the 5 becomes a 4 or (-6)

Next is were you using a bi-pod as that will be included in the total weight.
    For more accuracy use a front rest and sand bag, rabbit ears, under the rear of the stock and that will close those groups up a lot.

My rifle is a cz varmint. So I may weight it and see what weight it is. I didn't use a bipod I had two sandbags on the front and one at the rear but I found myself lifting off the rear one a fair bit.

Scalachi that does make sense to subtract rather than add ill give it ago now. Or you to take the higher score when the round hits the line. Does it have to be half and half or just touching it.

CZ Varmint even with a Bipod will probably come in about 8 Lbs, so your not even near the limit for LV

Re the scoring, if the round touches the line, the higher score counts, with a plug guage, even some that you think might be lower can score higher, you almost get used to scoring where 90% of the time you can tell the difference.

Thanks lads all I can do now it get excited about shooting the next card.

• Advertisement

"Here's one I made earlier"

Over in the tips section you can print off those targets. Only A4 size paper with 15 per page but still handy to have.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72086647&postcount=79

BRtarget15toapageworddocimage.jpg

Ideal Clive thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hiya,

I'd have been nicer and given ya a 217 on the card :D

Anyway FYI- there's a BR competition on in HH on Sat 29th June. If you're in the location, drop by and sure enter the competition.

Practise makes perfect - I'm still practising :rolleyes:

I'll prob be the only female on the line. Homerhop will be there as well.

Call over and say hello :) Will run you through the competition detail so you know what yer at before you pull the trigger.

LB6

LB6 wrote: »
    Hiya,

I'd have been nicer and given ya a 217 on the card :D

Anyway FYI- there's a BR competition on in HH on Sat 29th June. If you're in the location, drop by and sure enter the competition.

Practise makes perfect - I'm still practising :rolleyes:

I'll prob be the only female on the line. Homerhop will be there as well.

Call over and say hello :) Will run you through the competition detail so you know what yer at before you pull the trigger.

LB6

Pm inbound

Advertisement