Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013- Review

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

HugsiePie wrote: »
    No, I worked it out, best case scenario is 420, :( the exams were just not going my way and despite telling my dad many many times that I was extremely disappointed with my exams he persists in telling all my relatives that I did alright. Despite this I know I am going to be incredibly disappointed on results day and I know he is going to go tell everyone I did grand, whilst I'll be gutted, crying in my bedroom (and I am not one to cry) having got 80-100 points below my aim :(:(:( I know some people would kill for 400 points but school has undoubtedly been the number 1 priority my whole life (yes since I was 3) and to get so much below my aim just makes me feel like my entire life was a complete and utter waste. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

If you get your top does that not make it a success? You got what you worked for. Your hard work paid off. And you cant affect outside factors.

You should be proud to have held up under such circumstances. Many in your position would have lain down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

HugsiePie wrote: »
    No, I worked it out, best case scenario is 420, :( the exams were just not going my way and despite telling my dad many many times that I was extremely disappointed with my exams he persists in telling all my relatives that I did alright. Despite this I know I am going to be incredibly disappointed on results day and I know he is going to go tell everyone I did grand, whilst I'll be gutted, crying in my bedroom (and I am not one to cry) having got 80-100 points below my aim :(:(:( I know some people would kill for 400 points but school has undoubtedly been the number 1 priority my whole life (yes since I was 3) and to get so much below my aim just makes me feel like my entire life was a complete and utter waste. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Wouldn't call it a waste now and shur ya obviously gave it your all, and shur hey, what's for ya won't go by ya as me father says. And on results day/night what ever ya do don't stay in and cry, go out and have the craic celebrate (or drown the sorrows what ever the case may be haha) but crying wont help solve anything. I know for a fact I won't get my first choice unless I get hear place and ill be lucky to get my first choice level 7. But shur what about it, twill all work itself out one way or another :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 misstb

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Yeah but people shouldn't be putting themselves down be putting themselves down for getting such a high score in what is considered one of the most difficult exams that anyone will ever do

Yes but when people worked so hard for the 2 years to get over 500, and still haven't got enough points, it is very disheartening. I'm not looking for the 625, and I realise 500 is nothing to be ashamed of but at the same time we will be the ones repeating whereas our friends who got far less points will get their course and they will be the ones enjoying themselves. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what points we get as long as we get our first choice.

misstb wrote: »
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter what points we get as long as we get our first choice.

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Initially I was aiming for 500 at the beginning of the year then after the mocks I reduced it to 450 and after each exam I went down by 5-10 points. Realistically I'm looking at 400 now... I better get my first four choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Initially I was aiming for 500 at the beginning of the year then after the mocks I reduced it to 450 and after each exam I went down by 5-10 points. Realistically I'm looking at 400 now... I better get my first four choices

we have the same mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

At the end of the day people don't ask what did you get in your leaving cert, they are more interested in did you get what you wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

yournerd wrote: »
    At the end of the day people don't ask what did you get in your leaving cert, they are more interested in did you get what you wanted

Are they really though? Like the neighbours where I live are pretty quick to judge you on how many points you get..

Are they really though? Like the neighbours where I live are pretty quick to judge you on how many points you get..

Employers aren't going to ask what did you get in Geography, they want to know what course did you finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Feck them is what I say!

• Advertisement

Tel em to go **** themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

Oh jeez. I'm getting really really nervous about the results now. Much more confidant than last year but I need at least 590 to be safe and my luck is actually woeful. I'll be a mess on Tuesday D:

Blinky285 wrote: »
    Oh jeez. I'm getting really really nervous about the results now. Much more confidant than last year but I need at least 590 to be safe and my luck is actually woeful. I'll be a mess on Tuesday D:

Good Luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

anyone else applied for the law and social justice course in ucd ...and did **** in the leaving ? #feelinghopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

misstb wrote: »
    Yes but when people worked so hard for the 2 years to get over 500, and still haven't got enough points, it is very disheartening. I'm not looking for the 625, and I realise 500 is nothing to be ashamed of but at the same time we will be the ones repeating whereas our friends who got far less points will get their course and they will be the ones enjoying themselves. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what points we get as long as we get our first choice.
    why are yous arsed peope who do **** in the leaving get on just as well in life without having to work half as hard as yous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

TALKER92 wrote: »
    why are yous arsed peope who do **** in the leaving get on just as well in life without having to work half as hard as yous

In the same way you need 485, you will be disappointed if you don't get it. Also statistically those with a phd earn more than those without an education. We are preparing for our future with a good wage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Simply because we dare to dream, TALKER92!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

anyone else applied for the law and social justice course in ucd ...and did **** in the leaving ? #feelinghopeful

Applied for the BCL programme, did as well as I could have hoped in the LC in everything bar economics, confident I beat 455 from the mocks, just not sure by how much

Law in UCD is **** cause you could only out one down :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Overall I think it went fine.

However, now I am in the uncomfortable position of not wanting to do my listed courses!

C'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

English HL C1 in the mocks, would be happy with that again or maybe a B3.
    Irish HL D1 in the mocks, Oral went well ( Saw what mark i got) Would love a C3.
    Maths HL 37.33% in the mocks, all I want is to pass Pray for 40%!
    Chemistry HL D2 in the mocks, would hope to push that up to a D1 or even a C3.
    Physics HL Mock was a disaster(26%) got stuck in with questions after that and did another mock (69%), would be happy with a C.
    Engineering HL Expecting a C
    LCVP Expecting a Merit
    French OL dont care :P

Mock LC
    English HL C1 D1 -15
    Irish HL D1 C2 +10
    Maths HL E D2 +50
    Physics HL F C3 +60
    Engineering HL D3 C3 +15
    Chemistry HL D2 C3 +10
    LCVP FAIL Merit +50

UP 130 from the mocks!

Law in UCD is **** cause you could only out one down :/

What did you put down first?:)

What did you put down first?:)

Law & Politics in UCD, don't worry you'll get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

woopah92 wrote: »
    Boom. I've been thinking of this all of today for some reason.

English -I feel I put enough work in to get the A1, but it just depends if the corrector likes my answers :pac:
    Irish - Went possibly the best of all my exams, the oral was pretty good too. Hoping to get my A1.
    Maths - P1 wasn't good at all, P2 was the best P2 I've ever done. Hoping it'll average out and I'll get at least a B1.
    French - Oral was great :D Comprehensions and listening went well, written was good but not great. A2 region I feel.
    Biology - Went really well. Fingers crossed for the A1.
    Chemistry - A few minor things might keep me away from getting what I want. A2/B1 region.
    Economics - Worst paper by far, even though I had put the more work into economics than any other subject :pac: B1/B2.
    Ag. Science - Project was good, written paper went well. A1 hopefully.

Anything less than 590 points and I'd be disappointed.

I was pretty damn spot on. Bar Economics, Chemistry and Maths. I got higher than I expected in those.

Law in UCD better fall five or ill cry!!

Reading over stats and hearing the news, i think the overall results have come down since last year so id say there will be a drop in points

Just the minimum decline in points will do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Reading over stats and hearing the news, i think the overall results have come down since last year so id say there will be a drop in points

We is all getting dumberer.

Advertisement