Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bottle o'Butter

• 23-06-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

India Knight had an article in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago, about the virtues of Bottle o'Butter, a body lotion. She said it is wonderful for dry skin and, after two weeks use, your skin would be like silk. She also said it is very, very, very cheap - 1.69stg for a 300ml bottle. It is only sold in African shops. Online, the postage would put it in double figures. I tried an African shop in Moore Street but they haven't got it. They knew what it was, though. Anyone know where I could get it. I go to Newry occasionally and could get it there, if I knew where to go. I am happy with La Roche Posay, which I use, but it is not at all as cheap as 1.69stg.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to Beauty forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

Just noticed another poster mentioned parcelmotel.com as a suggestion for getting things delivered at a much cheaper cost than the postage charged to send items from the UK. Has anyone used it and how does it work. I registered with them but when they confirmed my registration they said I could collect from a place in Finglas even though I had chosen Deansgrange Texaco. It would cost me more than the english postage to drive up from Glenageary to Finglas. They charge 3.50 according to the poster in the Avon forum which would be ok for my bottle o'butter.

I just got a message from parcelmotel.com that they will forward from Finglas to my chosen location, so that's sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

There are loads of African beauty shops why don't you try more of them first?

Well, as I said, I did try an African shop in Moore St, but it wasn't a beauty store. I don't know where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DM310

I'd love to get this too. Read the same article and she just made it sound like the best moisturiser ever. I haven't done as much scouring as you however, I've been more lazy.
    If anyone knows where to get it, it would be great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loads available on Amazon.

Yes there are but not at India Knight's price and postage sends it sky high. I could use a courier service but I want to try to find it locally first.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

African Beauty shop at the end of talbot street there is also one at the end of parnell st

I tried those, no joy. I give up! Anyone know where I can get La Roche Posay cheaper?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

joanmul wrote: »
    I tried those, no joy. I give up! Anyone know where I can get La Roche Posay cheaper?!!

Have you tried Palmers Cocoa butter? Really cheap and good if you can stand the chocolate smell!

Yes I have and I can't stand the smell!

Advertisement