Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience Ideas?

• 23-06-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey,I'm just heading into transition year and I'm looking for Ideas/Places that would take a 15 year old on,I would be going 16 at christmas so anywhere would really do.Something that is relating to IT would probably be the best thing possible :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Microsoft in Leopardstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

Jeez posted this about a month ago,Got a place in gamestop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

lezflano wrote: »
    Jeez posted this about a month ago,Got a place in gamestop!
    I was thinking of applying there a few weeks ago for a summer job. Do they interview you etc? Show you the ropes on day one? Could you please explain what you did to get in :pac:

Literally all I did was walk up and ask do you have any places available,Showed the manager my Insurance letter,Got him to sign a form and that was pretty much it,You'd be surprised how easy it is to get a place if you just ask

Literally all I did was walk up and ask do you have any places available,Showed the manager my Insurance letter,Got him to sign a form and that was pretty much it,You'd be surprised how easy it is to get a place if you just ask
    Insurance letter? Form? :confused: I might have go check the Gamestop branch in city centre next week or so if it's that easy ;p. Do you get paid min wage or you work for free?

• Advertisement

Working for free until I'm 16 which is in January,And Yeah my school does it so you have work experience all year even from the first day so that you're ready,They gave us a letter just saying that I'm covered by the schools insurance which solves a bit of hassle with being under 16,Then the form I had was just for details about the job,Managers Phone etc

Working for free until I'm 16 which is in January,And Yeah my school does it so you have work experience all year even from the first day so that you're ready,They gave us a letter just saying that I'm covered by the schools insurance which solves a bit of hassle with being under 16,Then the form I had was just for details about the job,Managers Phone etc
    That explains it! But how did you get the form if you got the job during the summer outside school hours?

We were given it a few weeks before the junior cert so that we would have everything ready for when we came back

We were given it a few weeks before the junior cert so that we would have everything ready for when we came back
    Your school is smart :pac:

Yeah It saved us alot of hassle,If you don't need it until your back in school you should be given an insurance letter on the first day after you get it you might aswell go straight to a gamestop after school that day and ask,The one in clare hall is full and the One I got in Donaghmede is full up aswell they were only taking 1 on and I was the first there

• Advertisement

Yeah It saved us alot of hassle,If you don't need it until your back in school you should be given an insurance letter on the first day after you get it you might aswell go straight to a gamestop after school that day and ask,The one in clare hall is full and the One I got in Donaghmede is full up aswell they were only taking 1 on and I was the first there
    Hopefully the two gamestops near me are not full, must be a really laid back job tbh? :p

Yeah the hours I got were Monday 10-3,Should be really easy since its during school/work hours and on a monday

Alright, awesome. Thanks for all the information Lezflano :)

Advertisement