Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vapefest Ireland 2013 !

Options
  • 23-06-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Fellow vapers,

VapeFest Ireland 2013 will go ahead and plans are in the final phase for 2013!

http://vapefestireland.com/

Details will be announced very soon!

I will update this post with more information as it becomes available.

Please stay tuned ....

("Mods" sticky if possible please)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Great news!! Happy to help, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Woot, woot, wootely woot! Artyeva and I were talking about this earlier in the week - hoping someone somewhere would organise this :) Eagerly anticipating details!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Looking forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As long as it isnt in the last 2 weeks of August then i'm there!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

great news :) looking forward

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Looking forward to it!!! Me and my bestie whom i converted have promised we'd take a trip to VapeEire. Can't wait for more details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yah another one :D
    Unless Rielly has banned them indoors before then!

Anyone any news on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Website is now live at www.vapefestireland.com

We are still in talks with The Abbeyleix Manor Hotel & Conference Centre to arrange for specific date.
    We hope to have this settled this week, expect late September - October as the date.

Website is in basic stages and will get added, modified and extend on a daily basis.
    The Vapefest is a strict non profit event and all raffle proceeds will be donated!
    We will have vendors present selling goods and loads of stalls, much like last year.

Please if you have any queries, suggestions or want to participate and help mail us at vapefestireland2013@gmail.com or post here!

Thank you

• Advertisement

I put a vote up on www.vapefestireland.com to ask the public,
    as Abbeyleix is not set in stone yet due to change of management, couple complaints,
    venue not free anymore etc.

I have more phone calls scheduled for tomorrow.

Thank you for your feedback and help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...due to change of management, couple complaints, venue not free anymore etc.

Whaaaaaat? What a pack of cumsacks. Who complained about what I wonder? Doubt there was much rowdiness in comparison to the average wedding.

Were their any complaints last year? No. I suspect this is a memo from above thing.
    Bunch of pansies, afraid of the entitled whingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

grindle wrote: »
    Whaaaaaat? What a pack of cumsacks. Who complained about what I wonder? Doubt there was much rowdiness in comparison to the average wedding.
    Maybe the complaints refers to the complaints from vapers about the location ( a few on facebook )

The way it sounded was more of non-educated confusion about to all the "smokers" everywhere, yes in the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel.
    It sounded as 2 or 3 people complaint about it and vaping would be restricted to the main event conference room only due to that.
    So before we decide to make a final decision its best to roll up the cards and explore all alternatives.

Thank you guys for all your feedback and votes so far!

Yeah, can't believe it's gonna be in Cork! *ItWillBeInCorkItWillBeInCorkItWillBeInCork*

Cheers for the info mate. It wouldn't let me bit in that thing btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

grindle wrote: »
    Yeah, can't believe it's gonna be in Cork! *ItWillBeInCorkItWillBeInCorkItWillBeInCork*

I couldn't find the *let'shaveitanywherebutcork* button, they should add it in:D

rickyjb wrote: »
    I couldn't find the *let'shaveitanywherebutcork* button, they should add it in:D

Cork is well ahead on that poll thing at the moment :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Not well ahead, only slightly now. It's early days yet *crosses fingers*

• Advertisement

rickyjb wrote: »
    Not well ahead, only slightly now. It's early days yet *crosses fingers*

What we need is a hacker lol

But...if it's not in Cork, I'll never get to go... Because everywhere else isn't Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Why not Athlone as an option? Middle of the country, train and bus links. Motorway too. Cork is too far from the north, Dublin too far from the wesht.

I'm not from Athlone, btw. and live in Donegal so it's 3.5 hours by car from me anyway, but for logistical purposes, unless there's a few happening in multiple locations, I reckon it should be as central as possible.

Athlone is as central as it gets alright... Athlone. Y'know. Athlone...

Athlone Springs has a 450 capacity function room if the suites it's made up of aren't booked for the day... Athlone.

Edit: all that repetition is me grimacing BTW, I haven't had a stroke or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I'd go for Athlone if it was an option on the poll, because I can get to it by bus, train or car, and it's closer than Dublin (PLEASE let's do it somewhere that isn't Dublin!). Also, hotel/B&B prices lower than Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Any places in mind if it is in Cork?

Yes we got few across the country.
    With Abbeyleix Manor acting strange we decided to put the poll and shuffle the cards.
    I will keep you informed here and on Twitter / FB how negotiations proceed.

Enjoy the weather!

3 possible locations nationwide... !

http://vapefestireland.com

Thanks all for voting and your patience.
    Please post here if you want to squeeze more info out of us, hehe.

as vaping is still surprisingly unknown and not accepted everywhere.
    Realy? Colour me surprised!

• Advertisement

Its tricky, some places want top dollar and most wouldn't even come back to us.

Advertisement