Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 inch soil pipes - can they be got in white?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been told by my plumber that they always come in black, which surprises me. We have new facia and soffit and gutters all in white. I was hoping all pipes would match.

Anyone come across this before?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭beantins

Yea u can get 4" sewer pipe everywhere, slightly more expensive if memory serves me right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Worked on a site in Navan a few years ago and all the overground 4" wavin was in white. It is dearer but worth it if from an appearance point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Linto

Where do you get it. I see B&Q only do black or grey

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

Linto wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been told by my plumber that they always come in black, which surprises me. We have new facia and soffit and gutters all in white. I was hoping all pipes would match.

Anyone come across this before?

id say a cleaning eye would not go astray on that 4 inch T (in picture). regardless of its colour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Linto wrote: »
    Where do you get it. I see B&Q only do black or grey

Avoid the likes of b and q, woodies, homebase etc. go to a plumbing merchants. Heatmerchants, chadwicks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Iv never seen it but if you use plastic primer you could paint it.

If it's not primed it looks **** and doesnt last

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Mine is certainly white!
    (Commons in Navan used to stock it)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Linto
    google mfp they are in lucan and can supply white soil pipe and fittings.
    Nw

Advertisement