Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me pick between two turntables :)

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I am looking to get a single turntable as I have a controller that allows one input and want to try out vinyl. I have a low budget but have a choice between two turntables.

It is between a Sony ps dj9000 and an Omnitronic dd2250.

Let me know what you think, Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Never heard of either TBH. Whichever has direct drive is the first spec I'd be looking for.

What's the cost of a 1210 these days? Would probably be better going for something like that, second hand would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

A second hand single 1210 prob 3-400... the money I'm thinking of spending is upto 100 ... its only a hobby to me I have never played on vinyl before so not sure if I am going to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

slpower01 wrote: »
    A second hand single 1210 prob 3-400... the money I'm thinking of spending is upto 100 ... its only a hobby to me I have never played on vinyl before so not sure if I am going to like it.

You wont know if you like it using a substandard deck,if your into your hobby it's worth getting up a few more quid and holding out for a better one, SL1200 or 1210's ,Vestax or at a push Stanton STR8's would be the higher end...anything else or anything cheap and you experience lousy torque & pitch. SL's will near enough hold their value should you wish to sell on.

Good look with your search (have a browse through adverts.ie pages)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I picked up the omnitronic, Couldn't stretch the budget to technics yet. The torque seems ok... they slow down fractionally when holding a record just need to pick up a stylus, do you guys know anywhere to get a low budget stylus the type that can be mounted to the universal headshell.

Cheers :D

Advertisement