Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British and Irish Lions vs Melbourne Rebels, 25th June 2013, Sky Sports 10.40am

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Well done Tipuric, yet another turnover. How many does that world class 7 Warburton have????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lydiate off....

Croft on, I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Melbourne Rebels
    Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

They got a lineout in the 22 from that kick which led to a try.

I don't think we're talking about the same incidents here. He had possession about 35m from their line, chipped it over to no runners, they collected and cleared their lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

.ak wrote: »
    Croft on, I presume?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

So can anyone tell me again how Manu's name is pronounced? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

leakyboots wrote: »
    How is Manu Tuilagi's name pronounced?

Manoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Faletau's been quiet this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Good to see Best throwing well into the lineout. Too late for the tour but still good for his confidence

Sloppy breakdown !!

• Advertisement

Errors aside, sounds like a decent game for a bit of excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well done Tipuric, yet another turnover. How many does that world class 7 Warburton have????

This question displays a complete lack of understanding of the Lions back row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

lologram wrote: »
    That IS how you pronounce Tuilagi mate.
    that's actually how you pronounce it
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The Tuilagis have always had their name pronounced like that.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's how it's pronounced.

So, what are ye trying to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Well done Zebo there

conf101 wrote: »
    Good to see Best throwing well into the lineout. To late for the tour but still good for his confidence

An injury to Hibbard or Youngs and the confidence of a few solid throws could be very important

DBAD.

Also, I'd be of the opinion that stealing ball is worth more than slowing ball down?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Buer wrote: »
    I don't think we're talking about the same incidents here. He had possession about 35m from their line, chipped it over to no runners, they collected and cleared their lines.

Yeah but it was carried back so the Lions got a lineout inside the 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Errors aside, sounds like a decent game for a bit of excitement.

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Fine offload by Zebo, well taken in the air too. I'd say it's a shootout between him and Maitland, Maitland had the edge in the first half but Zebo starting to come good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Great strength by Zebo there, not had much opportunity in attack, but his defensive work has been good today

• Advertisement

Thats a bit harsh

I think the point he's trying to make is obvious

Warbs deserve his starting place ? (naturally he will get it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Croft could cover locks if need be.

Lydiate off now, replaced by Croft. The 6 jersey could still be anyones at this stage.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

not really, obviously I'm well aware Tipuric is totally unsuited to the role Warburton plays in the Lions team

But I just find it funny that Warburton has been constantly lauded as a world class ground hog seven despite not making one turnover on this tour to date

DBAD.

Also, I'd be of the opinion that stealing ball is worth more than slowing ball down?

Neither of which are as important to Gatland as support play, where Tipuric has been weak this tour and Warburton has been great in his last two appearances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Very good by Youngs

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great try youngs, great line out rory

Yeah but it was carried back so the Lions got a lineout inside the 22.

Fair enough. That's an error by the Rebels though. It was a very bad decision to kick possession away to nobody in a great position.

DBAD.

In fairness, Tipuric is a bit light weight, which was a problem on saturday for the lions, so I can't them getting rid of Warb for a more lightweight player at the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Fine offload by Zebo, well taken in the air too. I'd say it's a shootout between him and Maitland, Maitland had the edge in the first half but Zebo starting to come good

Maitland has it on this performance, Zebo a bit disappointing for me. Maitland wasn't used last time so it does beg the question what's the point having him there, but he's played 15 and wing on this tour, performed the best today and was clearly ahead in Gatland's mind based on the last test, can't see Zebo usurping him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Tom Croft has to play because he won a lineout.

Barnes is some ignoramus

Crowd chanting 'Zebo'...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Melbourne Rebels
    He played well enough to maybe actually be trusted off the bench this week

Farrell isn't as good as Sexton, but I would have far less qualms about him coming off the bench/replacing Sexton through injury than many on here. He's a perfectly competent international fly-half in my opinion.

"That's why Croft has to play"... because of a good catch at the back of the lineout, identical to 3 seperate lineout takes SOB has had today...

It sounds like SOB won the lineout stats for the game anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Haha was that a Zebo chant I heard?

• Advertisement

Barnes is some ignoramus

Ah he just loves hyperbole. When he has a favourite, they're the favouritist favourite in the whole favourite world.

not really, obviously I'm well aware Tipuric is totally unsuited to the role Warburton plays in the Lions team

But I just find it funny that Warburton has been constantly lauded as a world class ground hog seven despite not making one turnover on this tour to date

But he's not playing because of his ability as a "world class ground hog", and I don't know anyone with half a brain who thinks he is?

**** off Barnes

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Why want not retreating ten awarded a penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Crowd chanting 'Zebo'...

Cause they know he might do a rap for them!

• Advertisement

Ah he just loves hyperbole. When he has a favourite, they're the favouritist favourite in the whole favourite world.

Yeah it's really annoying.

Listening to him talking about Leinster in 2011 and 2012 was insufferable

It does get annoying to be honest, I support the Lions but their commentary during the test matches is just nauseating

The most cromulent use of this word going!

Barnes is some ignoramus

A tad harsh. He said Croft has to start because "that's what he gives you" in relation to good ball off the top at the tail. It's a valid point. Croft is a superb line out taker and Lions use off the top ball a lot.

I wouldn't have him in but he definitely brings a lot of things to a team.

But he's not playing because of his ability as a "world class ground hog", and I don't know anyone with half a brain who thinks he is?

Enough of the snipes.

A tad harsh. He said Croft has to start because "that's what he gives you" in relation to good ball off the top at the tail. It's a valid point. Croft is a superb line out taker and Lions use off the top ball a lot.

I wouldn't have him in but he definitely brings a lot of things to a team.

They got almost zero off the top ball in the test tho. So he could become useless really.

And SOB has taken 3 lineouts off the top absolutely identical to that. He is very useful at the front because he's 6'6 and can get up in the air like a shot, but Heaslip and SOB are perfectly capable of doing what Croft just did

He's playing because he's captain. If there was any reward for form Lydiate would be doing that job at six and SOB would be at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Gray, 11 tackles - played awful, did he?

It sounds like SOB won the lineout stats for the game anyway?

Ha, that may be a decent example of Irish bias in operation then because Ian Evans has been absolutely outstanding in the line out. He has won 6 on his own throw and stolen 3!

• Advertisement
Advertisement