Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool to copy contents of multiple folders to one folder

Options
  • 24-06-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Flickr doesn't seem to support folder upload so I need to:

Take the contents of multiple folders and put them into one big folder.

Any tools to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can't you drag and drop each folder into the main one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Put all the folder in one folder, search that folder using the search term "*" (just the star) to find everything. Cut all the required files and paste to the new folder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

FreeFileSync or any other syncronisation tools like that would do the job, the "update" synchronisation setting copies new/updated files from the left to the right folder.

So for each of the scattered folders add it to the left hand side and the main folder on the right side of the sync relationship.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can't you drag and drop each folder into the main one?

eh no, I have tons of folders. Hence why I need a tool to do it.

cgarrad wrote: »
    Put all the folder in one folder, search that folder using the search term "*" (just the star) to find everything. Cut all the required files and paste to the new folder.

You sir, are a genius. So simple. Working away now.

Here I am messing with grep and find. Why didn't I think of windows search...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Simple is the best ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement