Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub to watch the 3rd lions test in Sydney

Options
  • 24-06-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still in melbourne for the 2nd test but I'm going up the east coast so I will arrive in Sydney the day of the 3rd test what bar would ye recommend I go to lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Paddington is a big rugby pub area, some massive screens and friendly atmosphere, Would be a good mix of Aussie/Lions
    Surry Hills also a good spot, if looking for more Lions related support any Irish bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Trinity Bar (Crown St) or The Porterhouse (Riley St) in Surry Hills have had good crowds for the midweek games, so would imagine they will both be worth going to for the test game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

purcela wrote: »
    Trinity Bar (Crown St) or The Porterhouse (Riley St) in Surry Hills have had good crowds for the midweek games, so would imagine they will both be worth going to for the test game.
    I watched all the Ireland matches at the WC at trinity and was a great buzz and big screen.
    Great food too if you can get space

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sydney is a big place, it might help it you let people know where you are going to be staying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I know Im going to get shot, But Scruffys Murphys is a good spot for the Irish game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

purcela wrote: »

There were some (three to four groups) absolute dickheads (Irish) in the Porterhouse last Saturday. Not the usual crowd.

Puking out the front, toilets destroyed, refusing to let people past with beers on the way back from the bar, hurling abuse at the Aussies and the English. There was even a plate with cutlery left in a toilet cubicle.

Knackers. Embarrassing for a rugby crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

would they have been ok if it was soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

lg123 wrote: »
    would they have been ok if it was soccer?

Im sure the sense of disappointment would have been less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Im sure the sense of disappointment would have been less.
    unfortunate but fair point.

Advertisement