Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 to €1,000 Challenge.

Options
  • 24-06-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Have a spare €10 lying around in my Paddy Power account so I have to decided to attempt a challenge to hopefully keep me busy and for a bit of fun.

Basically, 12 bets at odds or around 1.50 returns over €1,000. It's ambitious and picking 12 winners in a row will be extremely difficult, but I'm willing to give it a go anyway.

Patience has often been a problem of mine so I am hoping that having this log will force me to slow down and think about my bets a little more.

I'll be posting my first bet shortly.

Ooh Rah!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Good luck,
    Will be following with interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ooh Rah

Bet 1.
    Major League Baseball.
    Texas Rangers At St. Louis Cardinals.
    Under 0.5 runs in 2nd innings.
    €10 @1.57.

Bet 1 is a winner, there was no runs in the 2nd innings, helped by two double plays.

Bet 2.
    Men's Wimbledon, 1st Round.
    Julian Reister vs. Lukas Rosol.
    Lukas Rosol to win.
    €15.71 @1.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

good start hope you can keep it up

Rosol lost 3-6, 6-4, 6-7, 7-6, 4-6.

Extremely disappointing against such a low ranked player. Wasted way too many break points and his 2nd serve was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

No offence fella but you have no chance with that strategy. You may as well do the lotto.

No offence fella but you have no chance with that strategy. You may as well do the lotto.

I know. It's not something I do regularly. I have just had a good run lately so I decided that I could spare €10 and give this a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you want to do this do it on Football and the +1.5 goals market, and be patient. You'll be looking at 1.15 - 1.25 typically but take your time and you might just make it. Rollovers fail mainly because of impatience (if you go a week or two without betting so what?) and not doing basic things like waiting for the starting line ups.

Advertisement