Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Preclearance at DUBLIN: ABU DHABI INTL-DUBLIN, IRELAND-ATLANTA, GA - HELP!

Options
  • 24-06-2013 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I will be traveling from ABU DHABI to ATLANTA, GA throughDublin International airport. I will be having only 1.40 minutes duringtransit. Both flight are going to be at T2 – I am little bit worried that 1hr.40minutes is not going to be enough with the US preclearance I have to go throughduring transit. Can someone please advise?

Also, if someone can navigate the terminal 2 so that I can have an idea (where in which floor/level the arrivals are going to be) of which floor Ihave to go for boarding US flight for Atlanta.

· Where the preclearance are going to be? Which floor/level? What point?

· The whole trip is on one ticket, so I presume I do not have torecheck in the baggage in Dublin airport. If I would have do so, where thecheckin are going to be?

Anyhelp in navigating the whole transit path would be really helpful. Pleaseadvice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check with your airline.

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/US-Preclearance.aspx
    MUSTOATL wrote: »
    I will be traveling from ABU DHABI to ATLANTA, GA throughDublin International airport. I will be having only 1.40 minutes duringtransit. Both flight are going to be at T2 – I am little bit worried that 1hr.40minutes is not going to be enough with the US preclearance I have to go throughduring transit. Can someone please advise?
    Travelling on a single ticket, I can only presume you will be treated as a transit passenger - you will be staying airside and not exiting to the concourse. I can only imagine the airlines know what they are doing timewise.
    Also, if someone can navigate the terminal 2 so that I can have an idea (where in which floor/level the arrivals are going to be) of which floor Ihave to go for boarding US flight for Atlanta.
    A gate number is unlikely to be assigned yet. You will likely be using Terminal 2 Gates 401-406 on the lower level. Terminal 2 only has one large pier, but it isn't unmanageable. http://www.dublinairport.com/Libraries/Maps_-_Terminal_2_New_Dec_2011/Terminal_2_Gates_401-406.sflb.ashx
    · Where the preclearance are going to be? Which floor/level? What point?
    You are likely to go from your arrival gate directly to gates 401-406.
    · The whole trip is on one ticket, so I presume I do not have torecheck in the baggage in Dublin airport. If I would have do so, where thecheckin are going to be?
    You will be going through customs and agriculture inspections at Dublin, so you will need to re-check your bags, but this will all be in the one location with a simplified procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Victor wrote: »
    You will be going through customs and agriculture inspections at Dublin, so you will need to re-check your bags, but this will all be in the one location with a simplified procedure.

And immigration.

Everything above is spot on apart from you won't need to do anything with your bags, you'll just be shown a picture of them. They go directly to Atlanta from Abu Dhabi assuming it's all on the one booking. You'll obviously have to go through airport security before going to USCBP.

There will be a big queue when you get there, once you're scanned into the queue (via your boarding card) the airline of aware of your presence and you will be brought to the front of the queue is necessary, otherwise be patient and wait in line. Passengers on other flights that leave before yours may also be brought to the front before you.

Advertisement