Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish jewellery and Irish stew ?

• 24-06-2013 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm looking for two things.

1 - Some Irish jewellery to to give to my gf when she visit me. I would like something related to Ireland, I was thinking in a four leaf clover but you will probably know better what should I choose or at least give me some ideas.

2 - A good place in Limerick City to get a good Irish Stew :)

Thank you in advance to everyone who can help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wallack wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I'm looking for two things.

1 - Some Irish jewellery to to give to my gf when she visit me. I would like something related to Ireland, I was thinking in a four leaf clover but you will probably know better what should I choose or at least give me some ideas.

2 - A good place in Limerick City to get a good Irish Stew :)

Thank you in advance to everyone who can help!

As far as the Jewellery is concerned, I wouldn't consider a 4 leaf clover in anyway Irish, damn those pesky American's associating them with good luck and our native leprechaun herds ;)
    For Irish Jewellery, you could perhaps consider something like a Celtic knotwork style pendant or rings(The link is only to give an idea of styles available, prices on that site are crazy and similar is available around town much cheaper) which are available in silver from a few places around town at fairly reasonable prices, you can get Newbridge Silver too if you fancy spending more than you need to.
    You could also, depending on how serious your relationship is ;) buy her a claddagh ring it can symbolise, depending on how its worn a search for love,friendship, bethrothal and marriage depending on how its worn.

As for the Irish stew, apart from my Mam's :P I actually can't think of anywhere off the top of my head that does a good one.
    Hopefully someone else can suggest something for that one.

EditForgot until I saw Phog's post I never suggested anywhere around town to actually buy the jewellery :o
    +1 on his suggestion of Seodín for the jewellery. but also there's a spot on Chapel Lane\Cruise's St and if memory serves me there is also a similar place on William St opposite Chapel Lane(Could be closed tho)
    The Saturday market usually has a stall or 2 selling similar aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Seoidin on Thomas St for the jewellery and Dolans on the Dock Rd used to do a nice stew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

JP Clarks in Bunratty does a fabulous Irish Stew - but maybe ring ahead to see what day its on the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

banie01 wrote: »
    EditForgot until I saw Phog's post I never suggested anywhere around town to actually buy the jewellery :o
    +1 on his suggestion of Seodín for the jewellery. but also there's a spot on Chapel Lane\Cruise's St and if memory serves me there is also a similar place on William St opposite Chapel Lane(Could be closed tho)
    The Saturday market usually has a stall or 2 selling similar aswell.

Could it be Silverwood you're trying to remember? They have some gorgeous stuff in there, but not sure of the prices tho. They're still open too, if they're Facebook page is anything to go by :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Glen Tavern do a lovely Irish stew, think it's on every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

Thank you very much for your answers!! And sorry if offended you with the four leaf clover thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Could it be Silverwood you're trying to remember? They have some gorgeous stuff in there, but not sure of the prices tho. They're still open too, if they're Facebook page is anything to go by :)

Thats the one, thanks Molly!
    Being a bloke, remembering the names of shops selling ''pretty'' things is usually beyond me until a panic buy before a special occasion! haha
    Wallack wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your answers!! And sorry if offended you with the four leaf clover thing!
    Don't be silly, not offended at all :)
    Its just that its kind of a Disneyesque thing, 4 leaf clover's associated with Ireland thats more Oirish than than Irish if you get what I mean?
    Shamrock's I get, but not 4 leaf clovers is all I meant.
    Good luck with the search anyways,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

JP Clarks in Bunratty does a fabulous Irish Stew - but maybe ring ahead to see what day its on the menu.

And while you are there you could visit the folk park. Then go across the road to the Bunratty Village Mills shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

You can actually get a ring related to Limerick city itself in the jewellery store on William street attached to guineys, I forget the name of it - it has the treaty stone and other limerick related symbols on it...
    as for a good stew, Smyths bar does a gorgeous one and also the strand hotel (which would have a lovely view of King John's castle while u eat :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

Thank you! I finally bought a ring in Seodin and went to Dolans and was very nice! Dolans was full of people watching the rugby match and was a good Irish feeling :) (a lot of beer and noise haha)

• Advertisement
Advertisement