Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs and babies - cork

• 24-06-2013 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I only found out my sisters pregnant on Thursday then saw that grabone have a deal to get your dog ready for your baby this morning!!!

Does anyone know anything about them, creedons college of canine studies I'd like to buy it for her as a present because her bichon is her baby at the mo but don't want to spend the money if it's not worth it!
    Anyone here go to the workshop before?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If people have to go to a class entitled
    "Is Your Dog Expecting Your Baby", no wonder this country is broke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

It might be worth your while posting in the animal and pets thread in the rec forum as well. You might get some advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

I have two dogs and 1st baby due in Sept. we are introducing the dogs to new baby smells etc like powder, nappies etc. my husband will bring a baby gro home for the hospital so the dogs can get familiar with the baby smell before we bring he/she home.
    I think so long as the dog is not excluded and is still given attention and reassurance there should not be a problem. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

McBubbles wrote: »
    I have two dogs and 1st baby due in Sept. we are introducing the dogs to new baby smells etc like powder, nappies etc. my husband will bring a baby gro home for the hospital so the dogs can get familiar with the baby smell before we bring he/she home.
    I think so long as the dog is not excluded and is still given attention and reassurance there should not be a problem. :)

We have 1 dog and also a child due Sept (1st). We are doing identical to McBubbles. I would have thought that a course like that might be a waste of money, but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I had my first baby last year and we just got our 2dogs used to baby smells by having all the bits and pieces around the house before baby arrived and then when she did my boyfriend brought home babygros and muslin cloths that the dogs were given and slept with. When baby came home they pretty much ignored her! They still got play time and walks which is the main thing! My Yorkie was the baby pre baby and he's adjusted well. Just hope they are as good for baby 2 in September!

• Advertisement
Advertisement