Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013-14 Uefa Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Baffled that Irish tv insist on showing Man Utd even when Bayern are playing City in a cracking match. Yet another spectacular fail by Irish TV. This is why I don't really watch TV anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

thats gonna be weird,when is draw for 2nd phase on?
    Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Not many options left than...they play league matches for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

3-2 to City, they certainly defend like a Guardiola team anyway, why did he take off Gotze when he was doing well.
    Lol at Quinn saying Barca were all at sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

And a 2nd string team no less, against a strong Bayern team. Incredible stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

GTR63 wrote: »
    3-2 to City, they certainly defend like a Guardiola team anyway, why did he take off Gotze when he was doing well.
    Lol at Quinn saying Barca were all at sea.

Carrying a knock going into the game i think

Am i the only Utd fan supporting Bayern here? :D

Dempsey wrote: »
    Carrying a knock going into the game i think

That'll explain that but why Mandzukic for Shaqiri when you need a goal. Baffled by some of this, I expect him to take off Kroos next for Rafinha so he can put Lahm in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rezident wrote: »
    Baffled that Irish tv insist on showing Man Utd even when Bayern are playing City in a cracking match. Yet another spectacular fail by Irish TV. This is why I don't really watch TV anymore.

All about the ratings!

• Advertisement

footballitalia ‏@footballitalia 1m

There is a problem with playing #GalatasarayJuve tomorrow - more snow is predicted... #UCL
    that would be the only reasonable date to play. I'm sure most arenas would be able to sort that amount of hail/snow out and proceed with play, I wonder what consequences this can have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ribery has been awful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

GTR63 wrote: »
    That'll explain that but why Mandzukic for Shaqiri when you need a goal. Baffled by some of this, I expect him to take off Kroos next for Rafinha so he can put Lahm in midfield

Looking to stop city getting that all important 4th goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anderlecht down to 8 men. Olympiakos missed 2 penos and scored 1!

Digitalism wrote: »
    Looking to stop city getting that all important 4th goal.

By bringing on a winger, okay.....
    Martinez looks a totally different player now, devoid of confidence and Mandzukic seems to begetting the cold shoulder before Lewandowski has even arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Last 16

Seeds
    Manchester United FC (ENG)
    Real Madrid CF (ESP)
    Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA)
    FC Bayern München (GER)

Unseeded
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)
    Galatasaray AŞ (TUR) / Juventus (ITA)
    Olympiacos FC (GRE)
    Manchester City FC (ENG)

Europa Leage
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
    Galatasaray AŞ (TUR) / Juventus (ITA)
    SL Benfica (POR)
    FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

English teams away in Germany in 2013:
    Bayern 0-2 Arsenal
    Dortmund 0-1 Arsenal
    Schalke 0-3 Chelsea
    Leverkusen 0-5 Man Utd
    Bayern 2-3 Man City

Apparently they'll try to play the remaining 58 mins of Gala vs Juve tomorrow. The weather is due to get worse there btw.

Pellegrini just said on the post match interview he thought his team needed 2 more goals to top the group and so he decided against putting Aguero on. The Sky Sports lads are baffled as to why he thinks that, and are questioning his basic mathematic skills :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

They reckon on sky that pelligrini didn't know that another goal would've seen city top the group, that he thought it was another 2 they needed.
    they're getting it from his interview & it does sound like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Juventus game on tomorrow at 13.00 according to clubs official twitter so 12.00 our time i think

• Advertisement

pellegrini made a boo boo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

12 points between 2nd and 3rd in group d, absolute non runner of a group stage that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dempsey wrote: »
    pellegrini made a boo boo?

Sounds like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Juventus game on tomorrow at 13.00 according to clubs official twitter so 12.00 our time i think

Moved to 14.00 CET (1pm our time) now at the police's request. Apparently the Juve team are stuck on a bus in traffic that isn't moving and can't find a hotel for the night.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Not winning the group now means City will most likely get one of the Spanish teams in the next round.

That, or PSG.

or Dortmund, who beat them in the groups last season. Should have definitely pushed for that 4th goal !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Rezident wrote: »

Too many United fans in Ireland.

Missed the game myself unfortunately, Champions League is at awkward hours for me here in Korea.

I guess theres plenty more fans of Liverpool in ireland than Utd but they still didnt broadcast Pool....oops,they dont play CL,right... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

The game is going ahead apparently...

BbMo1QyCYAEciet.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Stupid question time: will Galatasary and Juve play 13 minutes and switch around straight away or will there be an actual half-time break?

Pity it's not on Sky, would make good use of the oul Sky Go in work otherwise! ;)

• Advertisement

its on sky sports 2 at 12.55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Nice one! Cheers! :)

BbNCNHYCQAEmCkV.jpg:large
    I hope this isn't as recent of a photo as it was suggested, can't see a match being played in that.

snowblind wrote: »
    BbNCNHYCQAEmCkV.jpg:large
    I hope this isn't as recent of a photo as it was suggested, can't see a match being played in that.

ya that's it today sky just showed it live there its looking dodgy alright.

Jesus are they going to plant some things in there? or the harvest already started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Some more pics of the pitch

BbNCn8JIYAANriN.jpg:large

BbNDqrtCYAI2Vue.jpg:large

Without knowing anything about managing arenas like that, how much of this is ineptitude of the Gala/Arena mgmt and how much actual force majeure? We'll see I guess, risking injuries doesn't really suit well with ambitions in two leagues for Juve.

on 1st pic it looks like they peeled some nice part of field together with snow :D

Ya, they really scraped the **** out of that field. Its far from perfect but good enough for a football match. First touch will be very important!

• Advertisement

Galata - Juve 1 : 1

Would be great for the sake of a bit of controversy if Galatasaray could get the win.

Because you value controversy over sportsmanship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

C'mon the Turks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

never thought I'd say this: but is anyone else having tourble keeping an eye on the ball?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Surely this has to be abandoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's gettign pretty episodic as it is! Probelm with abadoning it is when do you replay it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Well if Gala cannot host this match it should default 0-3. They have under pitch heating, which is not working. They could not clear the pitch yesterday and instead destroyed the pitch (especially in where Juve are attacking 3/4 of the match tonight) with a tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tonights Games
    Group E
    FC Schalke 04 (GER) V FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
    Chelsea FC (ENG) V FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)

Group F
    SSC Napoli (ITA) V Arsenal FC (ENG)
    Olympique de Marseille (FRA) V Borussia Dortmund (GER)

Group G
    FK Austria Wien (AUT) V FC Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS)
    Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) V FC Porto (POR)

Group H
    FC Barcelona (ESP) V Celtic FC (SCO)
    AC Milan (ITA) V AFC Ajax (NED)

snowblind wrote: »
    Because you value controversy over sportsmanship?
    Same conditions for both teams.
    never thought I'd say this: but is anyone else having tourble keeping an eye on the ball?
    Yeah it looks pretty much red rather than orange up close, wonder if that's the issue?

Same conditions for both teams.
    That has nothing to do with it. You said the controversy would be great. I would prefer a game where controversy wouldn't obscure the sportsmanship deciding the result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement