Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013-14 Uefa Champions League

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

batistuta9 wrote: »
    stabbed themselves in Milan did they? Crazy Bastards

You do know what happened all day in Milan before the stabbings took place?

have a look and come back to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

stabbed themselves in Milan did they? Crazy Bastards

Actually, yes, the person who stabbed the dutch guy in Milan was another dutch ajax supporter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok, let's put this another way.

If Bayern Munich were in that group and produced the current form they're showing and didn't qualify. I'd say they deserved to qualify. Bayern are a team better than Milan. It's like a job interview the best candidate who deserves the job mightn't always get it. On current form Ajax were more deserving of a spot in the knockout stages than Milan. But, fair dues to Milan, they did what they had to qualify and you can't dispute that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You do know what happened all day in Milan before the stabbings took place?

have a look and come back to me

this is what i read
    Three Ajax supporters were stabbed before Wednesday night’s Champions League match with AC Milan after fighting broke out between the two sets of fans, Italian Police have confirmed.

One supporter suffered a knife wound to their stomach and was left in a serious but not life threatening condition, while the other two fans were wounded in the buttock and the leg, confirmed a Police spokesman.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/ac-milan-0-ajax-0-three-ajax-fans-stabbed-and-another-man-injured-in-violent-clashes-before-champions-league-match-9000855.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Good draw, lots of interesting ties and I'll say again how much I prefer that the format these days is spaced out so that it's two games a night.

However Pellegrini's comments about this Barcelona team not being the same as it was a year or two ago could prove to be naive. Surely the last thing you'd want to play against is a fired up and entirely motivated Barcelona side? Just look at the second leg against AC Milan last season, that's the kind of power this Barcelona side brings with it. Silly comments that surely have done all of Tata Martino's motivational work for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Good draw, lots of interesting ties and I'll say again how much I prefer that the format these days is spaced out so that it's two games a night.

However Pellegrini's comments about this Barcelona team not being the same as it was a year or two ago could prove to be naive. Surely the last thing you'd want to play against is a fired up and entirely motivated Barcelona side? Just look at the second leg against AC Milan last season, that's the kind of power this Barcelona side brings with it. Silly comments that surely have done all of Tata Martino's motivational work for him.

But they're not... They've been weak enough in the champions league this season and look a shade behind Bayern and less likely to win it than Madrid. PSG would also fancy their chances against this Barca team too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I doubt the players give a **** about what Pellegrini says anyways.

But they're not... They've been weak enough in the champions league this season and look a shade behind Bayern and less likely to win it than Madrid. PSG would also fancy their chances against this Barca team too.

Why? I don't understand that. They are 5 points ahead of Real Madrid in the league and it's nearly Christmas so it's not like we are only 4-5 games into the season. Both clubs have played each other already this season and, spoiler alert, Barcelona won and looked pretty damn good doing it. I completely fail to see why, at this stage, Real Madrid are more likely to win it than a team who've beaten them, who are ahead of them in the table and which consists of a core group of players that have dominated world football for the last 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

If it takes the opposing manager saying mean things to get them fired up for a Champions League game of that magnitude, I'm embarrassed for them.

Maybe he should talk about them like you do? It might work if he starts gushing like that in the build up to the game, it would be guaranteed to make even the Barca players feel ill. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Why? I don't understand that. They are 5 points ahead of Real Madrid in the league and it's nearly Christmas so it's not like we are only 4-5 games into the season. Both clubs have played each other already this season and, spoiler alert, Barcelona won and looked pretty damn good doing it. I completely fail to see why, at this stage, Real Madrid are more likely to win it than a team who've beaten them, who are ahead of them in the table and which consists of a core group of players that have dominated world football for the last 5 years.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

The bookies don't lie. Bayern the favourites followed by Madrid and rightly so.

Barca have been underwhelming in the CL this season. Struggled badly against a n extremely weakened, injury-hit Milan side at the San Siro, scraped past Celtic at Parkhead and lost to Ajax

This, as well as the fact that City is a tougher draw than Galatasary

• Advertisement

If it takes the opposing manager saying mean things to get them fired up for a Champions League game of that magnitude, I'm embarrassed for them.

Maybe he should talk about them like you do? It might work if he starts gushing like that in the build up to the game, it would be guaranteed to make even the Barca players feel ill. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should because his comments so far have not been impressive and will surely be a topic of discussion at Barcelona before the tie.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

The bookies don't lie. Bayern the favourites followed by Madrid and rightly so.

Barca have been underwhelming in the CL this season. Struggled badly against a n extremely weakened, injury-hit Milan side at the San Siro, scraped past Celtic at Parkhead and lost to Ajax

This, as well as the fact that City is a tougher draw than Galatasary

Schalke, Chelsea have Galatasary.

I think the bookies have gotten it wrong, even before the draw I believe Real Madrid were still deemed more likely winners than Barcelona. Again, I don't believe it is justified at all. I believe Pellegrini's comments to be almost the very definition of the worst thing you can possibly say before a tie against Barcelona and, honestly, I think Barcelona will prove that they are still more than a considerable force. Anyway I am going to stop now for fear of hijacking this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

And the people arrested for the stabbings were, Ajax fans!!

They were also rioting in the city all day, attacking a group of protesters in one of Milans squares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

And the people arrested for the stabbings were, Ajax fans!!

They were also rioting in the city all day, attacking a group of protesters in one of Milans squares

where did you see/hear it was ajax fans arrested for the stabbings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Schalke, Chelsea have Galatasary.

I think the bookies have gotten it wrong, even before the draw I believe Real Madrid were still deemed more likely winners than Barcelona. Again, I don't believe it is justified at all. I believe Pellegrini's comments to be almost the very definition of the worst thing you can possibly say before a tie against Barcelona and, honestly, I think Barcelona will prove that they are still more than a considerable force. Anyway I am going to stop now for fear of hijacking this thread.

This is not a Rocky movie. His comments are of course justified. City have been exceptional at home, averaging 5 goals a game in the last 8. Barca have not got the best defence by a long shot and have been very poor away from home in the CL this year. Going into the 2nd leg -3 could be too hard for Barca to come back from, and stretching for a goal will only suit City. Pellegrini is not writing off Barca, and neither am I, but thinking that Barca will dominate this year like they did 2/3 years ago is unrealistic. The winners of this tie will have in no way earned the favourites title for the CL. Bayern and Real are still the biggest threats, and to nearly everyone on here (bar yourself of course) that seems obvious.

This is not a Rocky movie. His comments are of course justified. City have been exceptional at home, averaging 5 goals a game in the last 8. Barca have not got the best defence by a long shot and have been very poor away from home in the CL this year. Going into the 2nd leg -3 could be too hard for Barca to come back from, and stretching for a goal will only suit City. Pellegrini is not writing off Barca, and neither am I, but thinking that Barca will dominate this year like they did 2/3 years ago is unrealistic. The winners of this tie will have in no way earned the favourites title for the CL. Bayern and Real are still the biggest threats, and to nearly everyone on here (bar yourself of course) that seems obvious.

Again I'll ask why? It feels as if I've missed something hugely significant that people can consider Real Madrid (5 points behind Barcelona in the league and have already been defeated by Barcelona this season!) to be more likely to win the Champions League than a group of serial winners. I also appear to have missed the bit where we are actually talking about Man City beating Barcelona by 3 goals and nobody bats an eyelid. Maybe I am insane for holding the current, reigning Spanish champions and current league leaders in such high regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd fancy Real over Barca in the UCl for a couple of reasons, chief among those are City are coming good, very good at home also with Real they have Carlo Ancelotti, this isnt his first UCL rodeo, his experience alone is huge to the Real cause, 2 UCL semi finals in the last 2 years for this Real team and I'd expect them to get there again this season at the very least.

Again I'll ask why? It feels as if I've missed something hugely significant that people can consider Real Madrid (5 points behind Barcelona in the league and have already been defeated by Barcelona this season!) to be more likely to win the Champions League than a group of serial winners. I also appear to have missed the bit where we are actually talking about Man City beating Barcelona by 3 goals and nobody bats an eyelid. Maybe I am insane for holding the current, reigning Spanish champions and current league leaders in such high regard.

This current City side have a 2 game record against Bayern as played 2 won 1 lost 1.

Aggregate score of 5-4 to Bayern, the same Bayern team who thumped Barca 7-0 last season.

Its not impossible to believe City would beat Barca in fact they've a good chance of it IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd fancy Real over Barca in the UCl for a couple of reasons, chief among those are City are coming good, very good at home also with Real they have Carlo Ancelotti, this isnt his first UCL rodeo, his experience alone is huge to the Real cause, 2 UCL semi finals in the last 2 years for this Real team and I'd expect them to get there again this season at the very least.

Difference of opinion here. I'm not that high on Ancelotti, good manager but, imo, not a great manager. I haven't seen anything this season to suggest that this Real Madrid side is better than this Barcelona side and the league table thus far reflects exactly that.

On your City point, one tie does not define a team, nor does one game against a very flat Bayern Munich side. I am not writing off City, I think they are a very good team, but I don't think that the current City squad's history in Europe justify the overconfidence of the City manager or even some of the comments I've seen online from City fans or heard from City fans in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

GavRedKing wrote: »
    This current City side have a 2 game record against Bayern as played 2 won 1 lost 1.

Aggregate score of 5-4 to Bayern, the same Bayern team who thumped Barca 7-0 last season.

Its not impossible to believe City would beat Barca in fact they've a good chance of it IMO.

I don't think you can extrapolate how Man City would do vs Barcelona based on how they did vs Bayern. Bayern and Barcelona have different skill sets, philosophies and styles. In my opinion:

Bayern would beat any of the three.
    Madrid would beat City
    Barcelona would beat City and Madrid.

I don't think City would make the last four anyhow. Chelsea probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

You can't talk about lack of European experience when talking about City anymore, Pellegrini is a great manager and has really impressed at this level and the team has had 3 years in the Champions League with a good core of players involved. The match isn't a foregone conclusion but to not see City as having any chance is slightly misinformed and hopeful on your part.

Looking at Barcelona they have a coach with zero European experience, a forward in Neymar with zero European experience albeit an extremely talented player and a couple of aging players that have historically been huge for them in Xavi and Puyol. They are not the same side of three or four years ago just as City are not and this is coming from someone who'd be a bit of a fan of Barca.

mitosis wrote: »
    I don't think you can extrapolate how Man City would do vs Barcelona based on how they did vs Bayern. Bayern and Barcelona have different skill sets, philosophies and styles. In my opinion:

Bayern would beat any of the three.
    Madrid would beat City
    Barcelona would beat City and Madrid.

I don't think City would make the last four anyhow. Chelsea probably.

This year has a lot of really good teams in it and every team is a threat IMO.

Also, I'd be very surprised if Chelsea make the semi final, I'd say we'll be out at the QF stage this year, at least its an improvement on last year :pac:

Difference of opinion here. I'm not that high on Ancelotti, good manager but, imo, not a great manager. I haven't seen anything this season to suggest that this Real Madrid side is better than this Barcelona side and the league table thus far reflects exactly that.

On your City point, one tie does not define a team, nor does one game against a very flat Bayern Munich side. I am not writing off City, I think they are a very good team, but I don't think that the current City squad's history in Europe justify the overconfidence of the City manager or even some of the comments I've seen online from City fans or heard from City fans in person.

It'll be interesting to watch and along with Arsenal v Bayern will be the tie of the round but I think it'll be very close game.

I'd expect City to lose in Barcelona but win in Manchester so its up in the air but I wouldnt write them off.

Just to make this clear, I am not writing off City. I said in a previous comment on this thread that I am not writing off City. With the money they have spent and the quality of player that have managed to attract they should be expected to be competitive opponents to Barcelona.

My gripe is simply with overconfidence.

So European History has no regard on current events. I'd agree...

But it does count when used to support the case for Barca, regardless of their current form in the CL? Confused.

You say your not writing off City, but that is exactly the opposite to what you are saying. You are saying there is no way City can beat Barca.

I'm saying that at home, City will score, and especially against a weak defence like Barca on the counter. THe question will be can City score enough to force Barca to press for goals in the return tie. If Barca manage a draw or go 1 goal down into the Nou Camp, they should go on from there to win out the tie. If however they fall to 2 or 3 behind, the advantage would very much be with City.

Just to make this clear, I am not writing off City. I said in a previous comment on this thread that I am not writing off City. With the money they have spent and the quality of player that have managed to attract they should be expected to be competitive opponents to Barcelona.

My gripe is simply with overconfidence.

I think that's everyone's gripe with your argument tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Think City and Barca will be a goal fest. City haven't defended well all season and Barca are always dodgy at the back.

Should be great. Hard to pick a winner. Lot can change from now til February so i'll save my prediction til then.

I do enjoy the irony of a Barca fan accusing others of overconfidence though. Lol.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Think City and Barca will be a goal fest. City haven't defended well all season and Barca are always dodgy at the back.

Should be great. Hard to pick a winner. Lot can change from now til February so i'll save my prediction til then.

I do enjoy the irony of a Barca fan accusing others of overconfidence though. Lol.

Exactly how I see it. Over the two legs it will be a class on how not to defend by both sides, and what attack vs attack looks like. Hoping for big fight from City in this.

So European History has no regard on current events. I'd agree...

But it does count when used to support the case for Barca, regardless of their current form in the CL? Confused.

You say your not writing off City, but that is exactly the opposite to what you are saying. You are saying there is no way City can beat Barca.

I'm saying that at home, City will score, and especially against a weak defence like Barca on the counter. THe question will be can City score enough to force Barca to press for goals in the return tie. If Barca manage a draw or go 1 goal down into the Nou Camp, they should go on from there to win out the tie. If however they fall to 2 or 3 behind, the advantage would very much be with City.

I think you've mis-understood that comment, on the two occasions which you have referenced I am inferring that Barcelona's history in Europe, in particular this group of players experience in huge European matches, is a positive for the Catalan club.

At no stage in this discussion have I said that City have no chance. Do I think Barcelona will win? Yes, do I think City could win? Yes. My issue was not to do with the possibility of City winning, it was that I believe that their managers comments and comments I've seen and heard from some fans of City have contained far more confidence than is warranted or justifiable.

• Advertisement

Exactly how I see it. Over the two legs it will be a class on how not to defend by both sides, and what attack vs attack looks like. Hoping for big fight from City in this.

I think City have a great chance tbh. Aguero has a great record against Barca from his Atleti days and Barca won't be able to deal with Yaya's power and pace(like they couldn't Javi Martinez last year).

A lot will come down to Messi's condition and how City deal with Neymar.

I think you've mis-understood that comment, on the two occasions which you have referenced I am inferring that Barcelona's history in Europe, in particular this group of players experience in huge European matches, is a positive for the Catalan club.

At no stage in this discussion have I said that City have no chance. Do I think Barcelona will win? Yes, do I think City could win? Yes. My issue was not to do with the possibility of City winning, it was that I believe that their managers comments and comments I've seen and heard from some fans of City have contained far more confidence than is warranted or justifiable.

I don't know what some of these City fans are saying but I still can't see what was wrong with Pellegrini's comment's. In relation to Barca's air of invincability he said they are not the team the were two years ago. That something has changed in that time, and that maybe it was the transition of managers that came in.

What in that statement is incorrect? They were poor last year in the CL, and they are poor thus far this year? He didn't insult or write them off, just said City had a better chance of getting aresult against this team, than the one which dominated 2 years ago. Seems pretty logical to me.

I think City have a great chance tbh. Aguero has a great record against Barca from his Atleti days and Barca won't be able to deal with Yaya's power and pace(like they couldn't Javi Martinez last year).

A lot will come down to Messi's condition and how City deal with Neymar.

I'm most worried about Iniesta and Fabregas finding space in front of the back 4, which they will, as we don't have any defensive midfield anymore since De Jong and Barry have left. If Neymar comes in on form he will find alot of the ball.

That being said, Barca might just play to their strengths and seek to get Kompany & Zabaleta red carded early on and then cruise through the rest of the tie. It will be inevitable that either will slide in at some stage which will result in Neymar/Alves etc taking to the ground like a landmine has blown off both feet to which Biscuits and co will surround the ref looking for immediate dismissal.

I don't know what some of these City fans are saying but I still can't see what was wrong with Pellegrini's comment's. In relation to Barca's air of invincability he said they are not the team the were two years ago. That something has changed in that time, and that maybe it was the transition of managers that came in.

What in that statement is incorrect? They were poor last year in the CL, and they are poor thus far this year? He didn't insult or write them off, just said City had a better chance of getting aresult against this team, than the one which dominated 2 years ago. Seems pretty logical to me.

They are poor so far this year? Except for that bit where they made the best start in the history of the club and, unless I'm mistaken, the best start in the history of any club in Spain, they currently top the Spanish Primera Liga, they beat Atletico Madrid in the Supercup, they've already beaten Real Madrid, they've topped their Champions League group but ye, they have been "poor thus far this year"

Even if he believes those comments, which is a dangerous thing to believe, to say them in public is, in my opinion, disrespectful to a great team and a great club.

They are poor so far this year? Except for that bit where they made the best start in the history of the club and, unless I'm mistaken, the best start in the history of any club in Spain, they currently top the Spanish Primera Liga, they beat Atletico Madrid in the Supercup, they've already beaten Real Madrid, they've topped their Champions League group but ye, they have been "poor thus far this year"

Even if he believes those comments, which is a dangerous thing to believe, to say them in public is, in my opinion, disrespectful to a great team and a great club.

Pot, kettle, black. When have Barca ever shown respect to any other team, or even care if they were being disrespectful?

Poor is probably too far but they've been very unconvincing in a lot of games this season.

The major positive however is they've won pretty much every important game and Neymar has done a good job filling the void left by Messi.

I really wish they'd sign some bloody defenders though.

• Advertisement

Pot, kettle, black. When have Barca ever shown respect to any other team, or even care if they were being disrespectful?

Will you hear Tata Martino say something similar about Man City? Highly unlikely.

Poor is probably too far but they've been very unconvincing in a lot of games this season.

The major positive however is they've won pretty much every important game and Neymar has done a good job filling the void left by Messi.

I really wish they'd sign some bloody defenders though.

Ye a defender would be great. Daniel Agger might be one to think about, not a guaranteed starter at Liverpool right now, probably suits the Barcelona style and eligible for the Champions League. That being said, Marc Bartra has been very impressive when he's played this season.

Will you hear Tata Martino say something similar about Man City? Highly unlikely.

Well the players will bring their raincoats for the return leg in the highly unlikely event of a win, so that they don't get drowned in another sprinklet malfunction!

You just need to answer the following questions:
    Could this City team beat the Barca team of 2/3 years ago?
    Could this City team beat the current Barca team?

If you answered No/Yes, you agree with Pellegrini. You are reading to much into simple observations and looking for some indignation.

Well the players will bring their raincoats for the return leg in the highly unlikely event of a win, so that they don't get drowned in another sprinklet malfunction!

You just need to answer the following questions:
    Could this City team beat the Barca team of 2/3 years ago?
    Could this City team beat the current Barca team?

If you answered No/Yes, you agree with Pellegrini. You are reading to much into simple observations and looking for some indignation.

Could this City team beat the Barca team of 2/3 years ago? Yes.
    Could this City team beat this Barcelona team? Yes.
    Do I think they would/will win either game? No. That's not to say that it isn't possible, afterall the Barca team of 2/3 years ago did lose games too as have this Barcelona team, so it's impossible to say that any team couldn't lose, but no, I don't think that they will lose. There is a difference.

Could this City team beat the Barca team of 2/3 years ago? Yes.
    Could this City team beat this Barcelona team? Yes.
    Do I think they would/will win either game? No. That's not to say that it isn't possible, afterall the Barca team of 2/3 years ago did lose games too as have this Barcelona team, so it's impossible to say that any team couldn't lose, but no, I don't think that they will lose. There is a difference.

And that difference is overconfidence mate. Really is pointless trying to have a debate with you. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

And that difference is overconfidence mate. Really is pointless trying to have a debate with you. :rolleyes:

I dont think having an opinion can be called overconfidence. WE have had the best start to the season, beating good teams along the way. Our injuries will have shored up by February. It'll be close but I also think we'll come out of it the better.

My points were simple and straight forward throughout, as were my answers to some rather mis-leading questions which seemed to infer that I was saying something which I clearly wasn't. At no stage did I say that City couldn't beat Barcelona, just that I don't think that they will. To use an analogy, my Sunday league side COULD beat Barcelona, is it likely that we will beat Barcelona? No, it is hugely unlikely, but even if it is a billion to once chance, it is possible and thus still COULD happen.

Barca will win in the Nou Camp.
    City will win at the Etihad.

Its going to come down to away goals, I can see Barca scoring in Manchester and I wouldnt put it past City to grab at least one over in Barcelona.

Regardless its going to be a brilliant game and nobody will want to face either team in the QF.

miralize wrote: »
    I dont think having an opinion can be called overconfidence. WE have had the best start to the season, beating good teams along the way. Our injuries will have shored up by February. It'll be close but I also think we'll come out of it the better.
    My points were simple and straight forward throughout, as were my answers to some rather mis-leading questions which seemed to infer that I was saying something which I clearly wasn't. At no stage did I say that City couldn't beat Barcelona, just that I don't think that they will. To use an analogy, my Sunday league side COULD beat Barcelona, is it likely that we will beat Barcelona? No, it is hugely unlikely, but even if it is a billion to once chance, it is possible and thus still COULD happen.

Look, I'll finish on this. In both cases you are both saying that Pellegrini saying City can get a result against Barca is over confident, while you are saying they can't is opinion. Which means either both sides are overconfident, or (the logical conclusion) both sides are expressing opinions, neither of which are disrespectful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

'Disrespect'? Who cares? **** Barcelona. If they're as good as the Barca of old they'll have no problem earning their respect on the pitch. It will be fun finding out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tuesday fixtures

Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER) V Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA)
    Manchester City FC (ENG) V FC Barcelona (ESP)

Wednesday fixtures
    AC Milan (ITA) V Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
    Arsenal FC (ENG) V FC Bayern München (GER)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Fantastic fixture list. Not one of them boring in any way!

Atletico would have to be dipping in form at the wrong time.:( Still though Atletico and PSG are the ones I'd be reasonably confident in winning. I expect Bayern to win but it's also a potential banana skin for them. If Arsenal had Walcott it'd have been an even bigger banana skin. City/Barca is too tough to call. Would expect City as they're more physical and athletic than Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jernal wrote: »
    Atletico would have to be dipping in form at the wrong time.:( Still though Atletico and PSG are the ones I'd be reasonably confident in winning. I expect Bayern to win but it's also a potential banana skin for them. If Arsenal had Walcott it'd have been an even bigger banana skin. City/Barca is too tough to call. Would expect City as they're more physical and athletic than Barca.

Athletico dipping in form? They only lost in Copa. Just won 3-0 in the league. Hardly a dip in form. Fully expect them to do the business against Milan

Athletico dipping in form? They only lost in Copa. Just won 3-0 in the league. Hardly a dip in form. Fully expect them to do the business against Milan

They haven't been playing as well in the past month. I expect them to do the business against Milan regardless. But for tougher ties I hope they return to the way they were a few months back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement