Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get my credit card loan written off?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi mates, I lost my job last year in september 2012, and since I am unemployed but I have support from social welfare, I had a loan of 3000 euros on credit card from mbna, which I am paying off in installments since last 4 years, but I still got to pay around 2600 euros to them, but due to my current tight financial circumstances I am unable to pay them installments where as I have a wife who is also unemployed and lost her job in health sector a month ago, I am so worried and will appreciate your advise about any way to get my loan written off or cut down by some percentage if possible? also let me know if writing off a loan would effect my credit history too? Thanks a lot mates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

khurshah wrote: »
    Hi mates, I lost my job last year in september 2012, and since I am unemployed but I have support from social welfare, I had a loan of 3000 euros on credit card from mbna, which I am paying off in installments since last 4 years, but I still got to pay around 2600 euros to them, but due to my current tight financial circumstances I am unable to pay them installments where as I have a wife who is also unemployed and lost her job in health sector a month ago, I am so worried and will appreciate your advise about any way to get my loan written off or cut down by some percentage if possible? also let me know if writing off a loan would effect my credit history too? Thanks a lot mates.

you will not get it written off but if you go to mabs they can get you repayments greatly reduced and you will take longer to pay of the debt.
    this will appear on you credit report as a restructured loan but not a default.

Once you are making regular payments of the agreed amount mbna will not change your repayments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

You wont get it written off due to being unemployed. If that was possible you would have the majority of debt written off. Some type of repayment plan would need to be entered into to repay the debt.

As advised in previous see www.mabs.ie for help on managing debt. You can arrange to meet an advisor in there (government funded so no charge for you), and they can help work it out.

Advertisement