Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this graphics card good

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

its a intel HD 4000 graphics card
    any good for games like anno 2070

thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's the integrated graphics on some intel i5 and i7 processors. In general they aren't great for gaming but most games would be someway playable with low settings. It would depend on what resolution you play at also.

A cheap graphics card would perform a lot better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

BloodBath wrote: »
    That's the integrated graphics on some intel i5 and i7 processors. In general they aren't great for gaming but most games would be someway playable with low settings. It would depend on what resolution you play at also.

A cheap graphics card would perform a lot better though.

could you buy a graphfix card and get some1 to put it in 2 the laptop
    thanks for the help:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What make and model is the laptop?

SickBoy wrote: »
    What make and model is the laptop?

Dell Inspiron 17R 17", i5-3210M, 3.10GHz Turbo, 8GB, 1 TB, Office Webcam Laptop

Laptops and gaming generally don't mix. You should still be able to run it anyway. Mess around with the game settings and you might get decent performance.

• Advertisement

Laptops and gaming generally don't mix. You should still be able to run it anyway. Mess around with the game settings and you might get decent performance.

thanks

They are some external solutions but i don't know much about them.

They are some external solutions but i don't know much about them.

could ya give me a link
    ty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

You should also check device manager to see if there is a discrete graphics card installed.
    The Intel graphics has to be there because it is part of the CPU.
    There's a good chance there is a dedicated card also such as an AMD Radeon or Nvidia Geforce that just might need drivers installed to utilise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

waxer1986 wrote: »
    its a intel HD 4000 graphics card
    any good for games like anno 2070

thanks in advance:)

According to this No..
    Anno 2070
    The strategy hit Anno 2070 can quickly bring the HD 4000 to its knees. At average presets and 1366x768 pixel resolution, the game is playable at first glance with a 28 FPS average. Once you hover the camera over major settlements, however, the FPS range can quickly drop to single digits. If on lower options, gameplay becomes much more fluid.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-Benchmarked.73567.0.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are we allowed mention plugins that enable BBC iplayer?

Advertisement