Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork vs Galway vs Dublin

• 24-06-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just wondering which city is best for student life/night life. At the moment I'm leaning towards Cork as I already live here but if anyone has any reasons why the other two might be better I'd love to hear it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

ItsCon wrote: »
    Just wondering which city is best for student life/night life. At the moment I'm leaning towards Cork as I already live here but if anyone has any reasons why the other two might be better I'd love to hear it!

Well Dublin is the capital city .. the nightlife here is good but i've heard galway is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CNR94

Galway would be my suggestion... but I am from Galway so I'm biased I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

How is this even here. Galways reputation is built on nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ItsCon

Galway is thought of by everyone as a great city for nightlife but is that just for once off nights spent there or on the regular? Dublin might just have more to offer as a result of its size

Well the wide variety of clubs and the fact that like 20% of the population are students kinda lend itself to a long term sense of clubbing.

As far as I know anyway. Hopefully I'll have evidence after September :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Galway is thought of by everyone as a great city for nightlife but is that just for once off nights spent there or on the regular?

Well, the nightlife definitely isn't all Galway has to offer, it's a great city. But yes to answer your question Galway is a mad as a bag of spiders Monday to Friday :p

fewtins wrote: »
    Well, the nightlife definitely isn't all Galway has to offer

Ah but its top 5 if not top 3 though. The culture and scenery are up there.

Ah but its top 5 if not top 3 though.

What means you? I'm agreeing with you, Galway is srs bsns.

Like I get ya that its not all it has to offer but it is one of the biggest things it has to offer.

Oh right sorry I didn't know what you meant, yeah of course. But I guess, if you're not so interested clubs and stuff it's not gonna be a pull factor for you no matter how good it is. Even still, I'd say Galway's pretty good for all aspects of student life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

For student life Galways your place to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

All three are good. I been out in all three cities. Dublin is good but between cork and galway be my favourite very similar.

Advertisement