Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Eat World - Dublin & Belfast Dates

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:51am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jimmy Eat World announce their Irish Date - 6th September this year, Playing Olympia Theatre !!

Tickets onsale this friday €28.50 - €30.00

JIMMY EAT WORLD play The Limelight 1 on Saturday September 7th!

Tickets, priced just £20 + Booking Fee, go onsale Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Theres apparently a presale Wednesday. Anyone know who's operating that? The band? Mcd?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Good stuff :) I think the presale is through the band, but the password for most of their presales is DAMAGE so worth a shot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Have been waiting for them to announce an Irish date since the UK ones went up last week. I've only seen them once before, and that was at Oxegen, so I'd love to see them at their own show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I've only seen them once before, and that was at Oxegen, so I'd love to see them at their own show :D

Oh there was so much rain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Really looking forward to these shows. Saw them in London earlier this month and they were absolutely brilliant.
    Belfast will show #30 for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Minutes just confirmed they are supporting on both dates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

didnt think they were still a strong enough band to sell out the lympia considering how old they are :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

oh and i like jimmy eat world seen them a fair few time and they are really good band live!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

May have to get tickets for this. Seen them a few years ago in Tripod and they we're fantastic. Met them after too. Sound chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Haven't been to a gig in ages, looking forward to this, they're a great band live. Wouldn't mind catching some of the Minutes either, heard good things.

Anyone know the stage times for this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Only one decent song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Caonima wrote: »
    Only one decent song

And which one would that be?

And which one would that be?

The one that had a few different names.... salt,sweat, sugar something... Bleed America, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Caonima wrote: »
    The one that had a few different names.... salt,sweat, sugar something... Bleed America, was it?

It would probably be more accurate to say then that they only have one song that you like, not that they only have one decent song (unless of course the ultimate decision on whether a song is good or not rests with you alone).

I take it you won't be going then?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

Does anyone have any ideas of the stage times for this?
    MCD seem to forget that this is even on :rolleyes:

It would probably be more accurate to say then that they only have one song that you like, not that they only have one decent song (unless of course the ultimate decision on whether a song is good or not rests with you alone).

Had I that power...?:D

Nah, in my opinion they're a bit of a "meh" band, as the kids say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Great show earlier, couldn't fault the setlist at all. All my favourites on there, including some they didn't play last time I saw them :D

Did anyone else think it was louder than usual though? Like, I go to a lot of gigs but my ears have never been so bad after a show before... Maybe I was just closer to the speakers than normal.

Advertisement