Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campsites query re Northern Ireland

Options
  • 24-06-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We’re planning to head up to Belfast & Giants Causeway area this summer. I’m looking for opinions on 2 campsites,
    Jordanstown Loughshore Caravan park & the Ballyness Caravan Park in Bushmills, Co. Antrim. Has anyone stayed in either site before & have any comments, good or bad.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

Stayed in bushmills on my very first trip in camper 2009. Excellent campsite, all proper hardstands with excellent facilities. U can cycle from bushmills to giants causeway through sand dunes its brill. Highly recommend bushmills and about 500m from distillery :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

TigerTim wrote: »
    Hi All,

We’re planning to head up to Belfast & Giants Causeway area this summer. I’m looking for opinions on 2 campsites,
    Jordanstown Loughshore Caravan park & the Ballyness Caravan Park in Bushmills, Co. Antrim. Has anyone stayed in either site before & have any comments, good or bad.

Thanks,

T.
    https://newtownabbey.campstead.com/CheckAvailability.asp
    I live a few miles from the Loughshore Park. It is a brand new state of the art park run by the local council. There is even a Bistro if you are that way inclined. It's in a great place to start a trip along the Antrim Coast. Carrickfergus Castle is just about 4 miles away and is worth a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

I would definitely book both in advance.
    Phoned the Ballyness Caravan Park last summer and they were booked out.
    Beautiful area, well worth a visit.

Advertisement