Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight growth/lump/bump?

• 24-06-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,
    My beagle is 12 years old and is a very fit dog, but yesterday (at around 6pm) I was just about to feed him when I noticed a lump about the size of a small orange just below his rib cage.

This lump has me fairly worried as it grew so fast.
    Where the lump is situated, about 2inches up from it he has previously been diagnosed with a tumour but I was told it's harmless(for now).

So I have no idea weather I should get him to the vet ASAP or wait and see if it goes away.

Just a side note, he's acting normal and doesn't seem to hurt or bother him when I press or feel it.

Thanks in advanced, see photos.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

could be a any number of things, could be a cyst but given his age id be off to the vet without delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

could be a any number of things, could be a cyst but given his age id be off to the vet without delay.

If its a cyst is it a big deal/operation if i need to get rid of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smiley_face400

Shouldn't be. An old dog of ours had a cyst on his throat and the vet just kept him in over night, shaved the area and drained the cyst. Can't remember how much it cost though. That was back in the punt days so probably a lot cheaper than it is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

im not a vet so im not going to advise but what i would say is just go to the vet asap.

Advertisement