Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many puffs ?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

So just started vaping,Only thing is ive no idea how many puffs average 1 cigarette,lets say malboro lights,and id be vaping 18mg nicotine liquid at 3.7-8v.As with normal smokes most time your done when its burned down,but when vaping its easy to go to extented periods or do it often,now my goal is to gradually switch to 3mg nicotine or just flavor alone,but before getting there want to do it gradually.So any advice vapers :rolleyes: .thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

There is no real comparison of number of cigarette puffs vs vaping puffs.

Firstly it is absorbed differently.
    Second everyone smokes/vapes differently.

It's down to you. I just puff away until I'm sated and move on. There's no real guide. You could just take regular smoke breaks and toke away until you don't want anymore. If you have too much you'll know, believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

A cigarette is 10-15 puffs apparently, but the half-life of nicotine from vaping dwindles sooner which either means more vaping or more nicotine or a more powerful device to kick the juice back or any combination of the three. Menthol increases the half-life of nicotine as well.

It took 24mg juice and a good dual-coil set-up to make me feel like I was having the equivalent of 10 cigs, so it's really about experimenting and knowing how far you want to go to have it pressed to your lips for as long or short an amount of time as you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

first two days with teh evic, it said i did 1500 each day. Overexcitement i think.

Then about 800 900 daily, petering to probably 400 now 2 months later . Novelty clearly worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well im vaping almost five days now my average would be around 400-600 on 18mg of nic.Still new to all this and need to find taste that i like.Also started having troubles where once filled up my clearomizer would be making gurgling sound almost dripping trough the top,and when vaping it feels that extra air is being drawn in trough somewhere :( now im using itaste vv 510 with dual coil clearomizer,and got 5 of these in the kit,but in first days when vaping and it would be low id add another liquid,and so far have used up 4 of these with varying liquids in them,so noticed that on some leaks started appear on the battery.I know this stuff is mainly made in china and quality is what you pay for,but thinking maybe switching to different clearomizer that would also have longer vicks,as currecnt ones have only two and they are very close to the top and short so basically once liquid is 1ml low i need it turn it down to get some liquid onto the wicks otherwise i get burnt taste.
    Sorry for the long rant :pac: as didnt want to create another topic,but advices always welcome.Peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

If you're looking to change clearomizers,a lot of newcomers to vaping seem impressed by the Kanger ProTank and Evods.The iSmoka BCC,otherwise known as the 'Vape Only' and the Innokin iClear 30 are also worth considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

went with advise today and got myself iclear30 and some halo and e juices from vaperus,came back home to notice that iclear didnt work at all,had to spill couple tanks of juices to figure out whats the problem.At the end went back to vaperus and got sorted in minutes as it seems wicks weren't aligning properly in the tank,that said happy with their customer service and friendly advises,plus got some freebies,all in cant recommend these people enough and if someone is living in meath cavan area and want to get started its best place,not trying to advertise them but for novice like me who hadn't a clue how to even top up liquid or what kit and liquids to start with it was best advice i got in person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

If you're looking to change clearomizers,a lot of newcomers to vaping seem impressed by the Kanger ProTank and Evods.The iSmoka BCC,otherwise known as the 'Vape Only' and the Innokin iClear 30 are also worth considering.

You left out the new Kanger T3S (not to be confused with the old T3)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

StickyIcky wrote: »
    You left out the new Kanger T3S (not to be confused with the old T3)

Is it much of an improvement, I bought a T3 recently and find it an abomination TBH, both of the clearomisers I got leak like crazy so I'm back on the old beginner 510-T most of the time :(.

(I'll keep them and At some point try a rebuild), but for now as a noob I'd like something that works well out of the box.

In fact any suggestions for something even better to screw into my two egoC twist batteries would be more than welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

marco_polo wrote: »
    In fact any suggestions for something even better to screw into my two egoC twist batteries would be more than welcome. :)

Have you tried carto tanks? (Its a love/hate thing I know!)
    These work great for me and would look good on an eGo Twist:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/225-smoktech-u-dct-35ml-locking-dual-coil-tank.html

Or these, but they are not locking:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/128-smoktech-510-dct-v2-35ml.html

And I would honestly recommend one of these for painless tank filling:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/158-dct-tank-filler-tool.html

(I thought it was overpriced until I got one a while ago and it does a great job to quickly fill your carto tank without getting juice everywhere... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

marco_polo wrote: »
    Is it much of an improvement, I bought a T3 recently and find it an abomination TBH, both of the clearomisers I got leak like crazy so I'm back on the old beginner 510-T most of the time :(.

(I'll keep them and At some point try a rebuild), but for now as a noob I'd like something that works well out of the box.

I've not used a standard T3, but the T3s is, as we say in England, the dog's bollocks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I've not used a standard T3, but the T3s is, as we say in England, the dog's bollocks!

The dogs bollocks is good enough for me :pac:
    quintron wrote: »
    Have you tried carto tanks? (Its a love/hate thing I know!)
    These work great for me and would look good on an eGo Twist:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/225-smoktech-u-dct-35ml-locking-dual-coil-tank.html

Or these, but they are not locking:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/128-smoktech-510-dct-v2-35ml.html

And I would honestly recommend one of these for painless tank filling:
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/158-dct-tank-filler-tool.html

(I thought it was overpriced until I got one a while ago and it does a great job to quickly fill your carto tank without getting juice everywhere... ;)

Thanks am up for trying just about anything that will fit on the egoC, I do like non messy as well so they look appealing.

I though the 510t was great so I'd probably be classified as a not too fussy vaper :)

EDIT: Picked up a mini BCC for the time being in VapourPal in Ennis for €11, much tighter draw and no leaking so far, I'm a much happier camper now. Thanks for all the suggestions though guys, I'll definitely look into some the above when I am getting my next big juice order online.

Advertisement