Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alaram - Pets

Options
  • 24-06-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help - A new tenant moved into a house I rented out. It has a standard alarm with sensor upstairs and all wins / doors wired. A cat is at home during the day so they are wondering is their a solution where they can leave him there without setting the alarm off.

I know there are pet sensors etc but I'm not prepared to spend any more money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

When you say a sensor upstairs, do you mean a beam? That is a unit that blinks an l.e.d when you walk past it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Keep the cat in one room or away from the PiR.
    Also a bit of trial and error to see if it picks him up at all. If the cat is small enough it may not be an issue. You could also just disconnect or inhibit the PiR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Another option would be to mask off the bottom area of the PIR. Once there is nothing the cat can jump up on so it can be picked up..

Advertisement