Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creme brûlée-with fruit or without

Options
  • 24-06-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Having a little dinner party next weekend and I am planning creme brûlée for dessert but I don't know if I should put summer fruit in it or not. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, skip the fruit.

Fruit on the side if you really want it, but the joy of a creme brulee is it's simplicity. The less faffing with other flavours the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

pwurple wrote: »
    No, skip the fruit.

Fruit on the side if you really want it, but the joy of a creme brulee is it's simplicity. The less faffing with other flavours the better.

Saved me writing pretty much exactly the same thing.

LEAVE IT ALONE !!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Saved me writing pretty much exactly the same thing.

LEAVE IT ALONE !!

I'm really happy with these answers. I don't like fruit with creme brûlée but I'm a bit wierd when it comes to food. Glad other people agree :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

HungryFish wrote: »
    I'm really happy with these answers. I don't like fruit with creme brûlée but I'm a bit wierd when it comes to food. Glad other people agree :-)

And for the love of the food gods, please don't even consider coffee creme brulée, chocolate cb of anything of the sort. Good strawberries would be nice on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Personally I prefer it without fruit as it is sweet enough to begin with. But when I worked in a restaurant I would have to make white chocolate & raspberry one's and they would sell. So its all about personal preference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement