Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the paediatric dr do that??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

sari wrote: »
    Just thought I'd give an update on this.
    Firstly my boy is fine he got an appointment with a different peads dr, he referred him to physio, she said he's fine it's within normal range for a toddler, she said he movements were excellent and not to worry.

I made a complaint, asking how was it that drs can make their own rules on rescheduling of appointments when it goes against HSE and Sligo hospital policy. They said they would be reviewing the hospital policy and the 'policy' drs had implemented. Also did they find it acceptable that a child who had not been seen was taken off the waiting list, they said that they were deeply regretted this happened and wil be taking steps to make sure it does not happen in the further.
    Pretty standard, limited reply but hope it doesn't happen in the further to anyone else

They may do nothing, or they may take further action. Had you not made the complaint, it would be guaranteed nothing would have been done. Glad you got answers in the end Sari :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Yes I'm glad I complained and followed it up, i got no reply for a month and a half!! They don't make it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Well done for complaining. On another note, my little girl had similar. I had said it to the PHN and she said it would correct itself. Once she started walking it did. I had even forgotten about it til now. Both my mum and my mil were worried about it which didn't help but she is fine now. Good luck. :D

Advertisement