Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a Security Cheque and how do I cash it?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

As per the title, I received a "security cheque" as a deposit from a client. I went to the post office to lodge it to my danske bank account (as danske no longer have branches) and they said I couldn't do it with them. So does anyone know how I cash this thing? Can I just go to any bank and cash it there?
    It was issued by EBS if that's any help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It has to be what's known as bank draft, probably drawn on AIB if it was issued by EBS. You need to go to a regular bank and lodge it, the post office is the last place to go to with a cheque. I doubt if you could 'cash' it anywhere, even in the branch named on the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

can you not lodge it at the post office seems strange. They will take cheques

Advertisement