Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I withdraw money from a current a/c with a regular ATM card abroad or do i need t

Options
  • 24-06-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I haven't used my ATM card abroad before so I just want to know if i need to say anything to the bank or get a different card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Ellie O,

Thank you for your post.

An ATM only card can not be used outside of Ireland. If your card is a Visa Debit Card, this can be used anywhere where you see the Visa logo.

If you currently have an ATM only card and would like to look into upgrading to a Visa Debit card, please contact your account holding branch where a representative will be happy to assist you with this.

I have included a link to our Branch locator to assist you should you need it.
    http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

We would always advise customers prior to travelling, to notify us of their travel intentions so that we can make a note of this on your account. You can do this by contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 or alternatively you can contact us via secure messaging.

Enjoy your trip,

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement