Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding in rome

• 24-06-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

Am looking into getting married in the irish college in rome i was wondering if anyone has any advice on hotels that are close near the college and that arent to expensive??? And what is the best way to go about organising it??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Noisin

Emmie.lou87
    Hi im getting married in the San silvestro Church. Im still deciding on hotels, how did you get on picking one the Quinairle seems to be a popular choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey,
    I totally think you should go to san silvestro instead.
    You literally wouldn't believe how beautiful it is, totally on par with st.peters I think, 7 popes buried there too!
    I got married there last month and it was perfect.
    We went by ourselves with two friends and rented a luxury apartment for cheaper than a mid hotel.
    We also had our wedding meal in a restaurant around the corner from the church called life. Literally amazing,well priced food, without being too out there.

Please feel free to pm me with any questions

Edit, just seen how old this thread was,sorry.

Hi Javagal Id send a private message if I knew how, im new to this.
    Im getting married next June hopefully. We did speak to a travel agents that organise weddings abroad now we're just thinking of organising all ourselves as the hotel and flights prices were higher than what I could get them on line for same Hotel.
    I looked at trip advisor for reviews on Life seems good, odd bad one thank you for that tip. It will be just the 2 of us. Not telling anyone which is hard as trying to get help on boards.
    Did yee stand out then in the restaurant? Did you wear a wedding dress? Im looking at them at the minute? Did you wear a full length one or a short one?
    How did you organise the wedding? Did you go through the San Silvestro directly to book the wedding. What was the name of the priest that married you.
    Did yee have music at the church? The agent said a lot of people don't as only too of us! What did yee do? Did you use their photographer Stefania or who did you use? Your recommendation would be great! Who did your flowers? Did you email a photo in advance? Did you just get a bouquet or did you get flowers for the alter as well. How did you organise the hairdresser and beautician? Did you use their recommendation? Were they good? And did you get a hire car for the wedding? Any advice, recommendations, pricing, who you used would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions.
    Have you an email address for the apartment? was it a central location?
    Many thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karene

Hi Noisin,

I see that you got married in Rome. I'm getting married in the Irish College next month and still have some organising left to do.. Would you mind letting me know who took your photographs, where did you get your flowers, who did your hair and make up and did you organise a car or a bus? What restaurant did you choose in the end?

Sorry about all of the questions..

Any information you might share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Karen :)

Wow you have a bit to do, best thing to do is book straight away, flowers: Debra flowers Rome MAkeup : JAnita HElova ROme, Photos: Rossini photography Rome, these were expensive enough, more expensive than at home. If you can't get Rossini or think there too expensive and they are pricey try siobhan hegarty Rome, I just wasn't mad on her work, whereas it loved rossini's work. I didn't like the ohotographer's work that the San Silvestro were recommending. I met a bride while over there who got them and wasn't happy so glad I dint get them. So be careful who you get. I trawled through loads of photographers weds it's which I thought were crap.
    Are yee goin by yourselves, or bringing a few people?
    Just google any of the above or facebook you should have no bother getting email and contact numbers

• Advertisement

Restaurant was babette, the restaurants in Rome aren't great, coffee over there ain't nice, food wouldn't bold me over. But babette is fab again google it and try tripadvisor, go there don't go anywhere else. My review is on tripadvisor, we ate there 4 times.
    We hired a car through tony driver again google.
    I wasn't fussy over carrying my dress, then again mine was fitted not bulky at all, very light, lace which travels the best, I rolled it up put in black bin bag and had it in a case, hand luggage, there was a grid on the place carrying hers, but the lady in the shop said I shouldn't have any trouble carrying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karene

Thanks a million for all of the information. I've been busy for the last two days! :)
    There are 19 of us going altogether so thankfully it's not too large a crowd. You were right about the photographers. I wasn't keen on most of what I saw. We are waiting for Rossini to get back to us and one other Italian photographer.
    I think we are going with Ristorante Da Orazio as it's near the Irish College and they seem used to catering for small wedding parties. I found an Irish hairstylist and make up artist, Louise Falkner so might go with her, waiting to hear back. I contacted tony rome driver about transport so starting to feel like things are coming together!
    Thanks again. I appreciate you replying to me so fast :) Take care, Karen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Why don't you email the Irish College and ask them about restaurants in the area. They would use the local spots alot and would have a good idea about the quality, and where would be able to cater for a wedding party.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

Hi there, I am getting married in Rome later in 2016 and am in the process of booking a photographer. We will be getting married in the Irish College. I have seen websites and reviews for Siobhán Hegarty and Rossini Photography and they both look good. I was wondering if anyone has experience of either of these? Are they easy to work with and, most importantly, how were the finished products?? I look forward to hearing any advice/tips/suggestions that you have. Thanks!

Both are pretty good. I went with Rossini in the end, there expensive but excellent, was happy with photos and album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 TLF

Hi there, I am getting married in Rome later in 2016 and am in the process of booking a photographer. We will be getting married in the Irish College. I have seen websites and reviews for Siobhán Hegarty and Rossini Photography and they both look good. I was wondering if anyone has experience of either of these? Are they easy to work with and, most importantly, how were the finished products?? I look forward to hearing any advice/tips/suggestions that you have. Thanks!

Hi mallowgarry,

I've PM'd you (I think - and possibly twice :o) about Siobhan Hegarty - let me know if it hasn't come through and I'll send again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Noisin wrote: »
    Restaurant was babette, the restaurants in Rome aren't great, coffee over there ain't nice, food wouldn't bold me over. But babette is fab again google it and try tripadvisor, go there don't go anywhere else. My review is on tripadvisor, we ate there 4 times.
    We hired a car through tony driver again google.
    I wasn't fussy over carrying my dress, then again mine was fitted not bulky at all, very light, lace which travels the best, I rolled it up put in black bin bag and had it in a case, hand luggage, there was a grid on the place carrying hers, but the lady in the shop said I shouldn't have any trouble carrying it.

Eh, where did you eat and drink in Rome? Are you sure it was Rome in Italy? The food and coffee in Rome is lovely and it's utterly ridiculous of you to make such a blanket statement. We ate out in Rome twice a day for 5 days and never had a bad meal or a bad coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RomeWeddingGal

Hi everyone,

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but need help with my Rome wedding next year.

Can anyone please recommend a reliable car service?

Initially we had our hearts set on a vintage car from Tony Rome Driver, but after his first reply (which was scant on detail, to say the least) he is not getting back to our emails despite repeated requests, so am looking elsewhere at this point.

Also looking for a coach (minibus?) to transport guests from church to hotel.

Wedding next April and have almost everything else booked, so want to get this done in the next few weeks so I can stop stressing about it!

If anyone has any input, much appreciated.

Scream just read that message I'm far from ridiculous just giving my opinion that's all, funny that, another couple who got married same day as us who we met over there said the same to us, that food wasn't all that over there, just our opinion that's all, maybe we were very unlucky. We ate in a good few places recommended by tripadvisor some not great some just ok.
    Rome wedding gal our hire car was booked by the priest who used Tony, the driver had no English but he did the job, sorry you aren't finding it easy to get sorted

Advertisement