Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boredom busters

• 24-06-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭

I thought a thread on what we do for our animals when we have to leave them alone at home for a while, to help allieviate boredom, or what we do to just entertain them when we're putting our feet up in the evening, and no energy to play. Im looking for clever/unusual/new ideas here - we all have our toys and gadgets and games that we play/use.

I'll start off which what I think is a bit of a lightbulb idea. Our kongs had just been put in the freezer, so as a temporary distraction for my two, especially the old guy, while I ate my lunch, I took two lids from two jam jars (metal lids). Took a couple spoons of Peanut butter and smeared it liberally around the inside (ridged part) of the lids. Dotted the p.butter with small bits of kibble. Peace and quiet now (i.e. not begging pitifully for a bit of my lunch!!) for 10 mins, just little lid clicking noises, snorting and licking :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I take a bonio and break it up into small bits and hide it around the house. Frodo will then play 'find the trea't. He has figured out most of the places though so now what used to keep him entertained for an hour takes a mere five minutes as he scoots from hiding place to hiding place. Going to have to come up with some new ones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Liccle trinity

I hide the pigs ears or denture sticks somewhere in the room (they are locked out while i hide them) They frantically search but its over in couple of mins tho. They seem to enjoy it. I like the peanut butter idea - but my two are fat enough already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I lock all that stuff away before, in case she chokes :(

lifts phone to counsellor...

needs help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Advertisement