Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

★Is "You Raise Me Up" By WESTLIFE a romantic song?

• 24-06-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Is "You Raise Me Up" By WESTLIFE a romantic song?
    I want to make a video for my Girlfriend with that song,But some people say it's romantic others say "I didn't raise her"

What do you think?Please be honest.Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Yea, sure, why not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah fire away. Unless you want to go with "Hey Hey Paula" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Most people will probably tell you no just because its Westlife, but sure if she likes that song and finds it romantic whose to say she's wrong. You probably know her yourself so I'll leave the rest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Its a baking song.

Music to bake cakes by, and bury your loved ones to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Why not go for the original version?

Ok I'll admit I'm not 100% sure if there is an original, but if Westlife sing it, there usually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Why not go for the original version?

Ok I'll admit I'm not 100% sure if there is an original, but if Westlife sing it, there usually is.

There is a difference between an original and a cover version.

Contrary to belief, very few of Westlife's big hits are "covers", i.e. songs that were originally performed and recorded by other artists. For example who was the original recording artist of Flying Without Wings or World of Our Own?

They don't write their own material, but the songwriters who penned their hits (Steve Mac, Wayne Hector etc.) are not performing artists, they write songs for pop acts who become the first to ever release that song. If you are the first to record a song, it is still considered an original, your version is the original recording.

You Raise Me Up was a cover though, the original version was by Brian Kennedy and it was written by the Secret Garden duo with Brendan Graham's lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭trashcan

karaokeman wrote: »

You Raise Me Up was a cover though, the original version was by Brian Kennedy and it was written by the Secret Garden duo with Brendan Graham's lyrics.

And it's a rip off of Danny Boy (Listen to the chorus)

Advertisement