Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISEQ

• 24-06-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Things looking rough on the ISEQ today. 3.. 6% down for some companies. If the US has a bad opening this could be another black monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Just a question about the ISEQ if anyone wouldn't mind. I'm going to get involved with a European stock broker that does not offer the Irish market, basically am I missing out? Or with all the other major stock exchanges being offered, does it really make much of a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

depends if you feel comfortable picking all foreign stock then you will avoid the stamp duty that you have to pay on irish stock
    but I feel like I know more about irish stocks
    why not have the best of both worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

depends if you feel comfortable picking all foreign stock then you will avoid the stamp duty that you have to pay on irish stock
    but I feel like I know more about irish stocks
    why not have the best of both worlds

Trying to find a cheap Irish stock broker, finding it hard to get anything that compares with the deals offered by European and American brokers, but yeah, best of both worlds would be good, I'll look into it

I have an example of the stockbroker I use
    bought American stock 40,080 commission 260 compliance 10
    total due 40,350

is that dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I have an example of the stockbroker I use
    bought American stock 40,080 commission 260 compliance 10
    total due 40,350

is that dear

If you are saying that you bought $40,080 worth of shares in an American company and paid $260 commission, plus $10 for compliance (whatever that is) then you are paying way over the odds. With a US broker that trade would have cost you $9.99 at most. Fees can seriously eat into your profits (or seriously add to your losses).

• Advertisement

ya those are the figures from a contract note I have here
    the 10 euro is compliance and settlement
    what on line broker would do it cheaper ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

ya those are the figures from a contract note I have here
    the 10 euro is compliance and settlement
    what on line broker would do it cheaper ?

http://johnsmithcb.hubpages.com/hub/Top-5-Cheapest-Online-Stock-Brokers-in-the-US

Not sure how many of these take Irish customers, TradeKing aren't taking any new Irish customers I think. TDAmeritrade aren't on that list, they charge $9.99 per transaction and they take Irish customers.

Advertisement