Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary School Teaching

Options
  • 24-06-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey, just wondering does anybody know of any secondary school teaching courses that include the HDip. I know Mater Deic in Dublin has but does anyone know any others? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Two for sure are Home Economics teaching in St. Angela's and the woodwork teaching course in Limerick.

It's not that the PGDE is included, it's a concurrent degree in education.

PLEASE check out the dreadful jobs situation before considering a career in teaching and bear in mind the devastating effect the Croke Park 2 'agreement' will have on young new teachers trying to get hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mariebob20

Thanks for your help.. I've considered it all, it's my dream job so I'm sticking by it

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

There's the B.Sci in Science Education in DCU, they also do one in PE with Biology or Maths.

Advertisement